Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2014 Moomba Automatic Wakeplate

Oh that's even worse ... It sets itself back at 30% everytime.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    " If the driver adjusts the wakeplate while operating the boat, say from 50% to 30%, then it will continue to re-set to 30% every time the boat accelerates, until the boat is keyed off."

read people
    I got that but I still have to manually adjust it the first time after I key it off. I think the wake plate is something that does not need to be automated. At least have the option to turn off the auto feature.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I dont think moving a wakeplate once you are up to speed once per rider is that much trouble. Especially when you look at the benefits of getting on plane faster. I move mine for each rider when they want different speeds to help maintain a clean wake anyways and the benefit of getting on plane faster and saving fuel far outweighs the "work" involved here IMO
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I dont think moving a wakeplate once you are up to speed once per rider is that much trouble. Especially when you look at the benefits of getting on plane faster. I move mine for each rider when they want different speeds to help maintain a clean wake anyways and the benefit of getting on plane faster and saving fuel far outweighs the "work" involved here IMO
    I agree it's not much trouble but it is one more thing to remember. I would like the wake plate to stay where I put it. Just make it defeatable so those that want to use it can and those that don't can shut it off. That's all I'm saying. Just like Perfect Pass can be turned off because sometimes, I don't want to use it.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

something that was manual became automated to make our lives easier and is now more manual. I know on my boat, wakeplate really helps or hurts the surfwave. last thing I want to remember is to remind the next driver where he needs to set it once we take off. with a boat that's propped right, how much gas/time is this really going to save getting up on plane? for the gallon or so each outing, I'll take manual please
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

so if it were like PP in that turning the key off did not erase the memory yall would like it more i take it?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

so if it were like PP in that turning the key off did not erase the memory yall would like it more i take it?
    Yes, as this now explains why I was having issues with it when I drove the Mondo. I would have the wakeplate set where I wanted it, but once I would shut the engine off, it would go back to the 50% spot. Frustraiting then, but now I know why.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I noticed this feature when I had my buddies out surfing the Mondo, overall I really like the new function. Once we had the tab dialed for the amount of weight we were running I never had to adjust the tab again, until keying the boat off. I think once people use this feature they are really going to like it, especially when they have new/rookie drivers.

Personally I think this is an even better feature for those that wakeboard, like myself, and recreational skiers as it allows the boat to get on plane faster and they auto retracts the tab to your desired setting (say 0% for boarding and 50% for skiing).

Wait a minute - you were out surfing the Mondo and didn't post a single pic or vid?

Where's that BAN button at...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Come on now, I know better than that!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ht-boat-for-me