Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Google Crescent Bar WA and - hmmmm

Now look more closely at the scenery...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Ohh yea i see some shirtless, and other less ladies...
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

New location for the next nw moomba/supra jam!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    New location for the next nw Super/Boobie jam!
    Fixed that for ya...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Boating Vacations in Central OR (Surf/Wake/Ski/Camp/etc)

My favorite lake in Oregon is Lake Owyhee. It is slightly further from Portland then Shasta but sits in some of the most beautiful country in Oregon. It is almost four times larger then LBC. It is not uncommon to go all day and only see one or two boats pass by, needless to say it is glass all day.
    -Jake

Default Re: Boating Vacations in Central OR (Surf/Wake/Ski/Camp/etc)

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    My favorite lake in Oregon is Lake Owyhee. It is slightly further from Portland then Shasta but sits in some of the most beautiful country in Oregon. It is almost four times larger then LBC. It is not uncommon to go all day and only see one or two boats pass by, needless to say it is glass all day.
    Never heard of it... have to check it out!

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Oh yeah, its 25min form the gorge amphitheater. Plan your trip around a concert and your dialed.
    If you time it right and the wind is correct you can sit out in the river across from the Quilimine Dune and listen to a concert. I've hit it right once. The Quilimine is usually a very hoppin place. Can be non kid friendly at times.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Google Crescent Bar WA and - hmmmm

Now look more closely at the scenery...
    Where at Cresent Bar is that?

Never mind I see it was a google picture. That's not actually at Cresent Bar. Probably a local beach to it. That's the type of thing you see at Quilimine but it doesn't look like it from the picture.
    Last edited by cornrickey; 10-13-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    Where at Cresent Bar is that?

Never mind I see it was a google picture. That's not actually at Cresent Bar. Probably a local beach to it. That's the type of thing you see at Quilimine but it doesn't look like it from the picture.
    Looks like the sandbar down river-west side, when i was going there, there would be only 2-3 other boats. nothing like that at all-kinda sad in a way, all that trash on the ground.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    I've heard of Owyhee. Way in the SE corner of Oregon, right? Yeah, that does sound nice.

Interestingly enough, I'm kinda wondering if I'll really do the weeklong boating vacation this summer. I keep hearing all these stories about how places like LBC and Prineville can get blown out by noon and have lots of boat traffic.

I've been thinking that maybe it might make more sense to take a week off work and have a "stay-cation". We have some great spots to ride that are accessed from the launch that's 15 minutes from my house. 20 to 50' water and pretty damn empty on weekdays during the summer (probably because everyone's going to the lakes!). And if the weather takes a turn, we'd have tons of other options right here at home.

As nice as it is to sleep in my camping trailer (bed, heater, A/C, hot water heater, toilet, stove, fridge, etc), I'd take my own bed at my house over the trailer anyday. Not to mention that we'd have to find someone else to come with us to tow the trailer or else we'd have to drive 2 tow rigs.

Campfire? That's easy. I did that in my back yard last night:

I guess I'm stuggling to find the compelling reason to spend a couple hundred in gas to get there/back, another couple hundred in camping fees, and be less comfortable with fewer contingency options than just staying at home... I guess weather in Eastern OR is typically something you can count on for hotter, but we do get some decent stuff over our summers still.

What am I missing?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com