Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default heater install 2012 outback v

I recently installed a heater on my outback v and it works really well. If you are thinking about getting a heater you should go for it. Hopefully this write up is useful to you...
    I installed a heatercraft 3 outlet heater in my 2012 outback v.
    I purchased the package which includes 1 vent and 2 hot tubes.
    The heater was mounted on the port side towards rear of the boat. The space is very tight here, so I was only able to drill the screws into one side; it seems secure enough.
    The kit comes with most materials but you will need large black zipties and 50 Feet of extra wire.
    You will also need some wire connection pieces and tape for the engine mounted hardware.
    After I extended the wire I ran it up towards the battery and followed the predefinded route used by the main power to access the drivers panel.
    The engine connections are labeled so this was very straightforward.
    I had to drill a hole into the black plastic divider panel to run the hoses through. This is the small panel and not the one that folds down to allow engine access.
    The hot tubes easily reach the driver therefore I didn't see the need to run the vents all over the boat.
    I located the switch in a location where passangers can access it without interrupting the driver.
    Regarding drilling the fiberglass:
    Have your friend come over who has done it before!
    It took two people 2 hours to complete the job....plus almost an hour to cleanup the fiberglass dust from everywhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This heater works awesome. I have been on JasonZ's boat and it makes a big difference on those cool mornings/nights. I am definitely getting one for my LSV. Now I just need JasonZ's buddy who installed it to help me out too! I'm not the best with drilling or electronics!

I like your switch location. Good call.

Really thinking hard about adding one to my spring tune up project list. Is there an option for white or chrome/brushed ports?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

Really thinking hard about adding one to my spring tune up project list. Is there an option for white or chrome/brushed ports?
    would not buy a boat with out one up north...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Add this to my list of stuff to do this winter. That was the one thing my wife complained about with our boat is it didn't come with a heater.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by AGIII View Post
    This heater works awesome. I have been on JasonZ's boat and it makes a big difference on those cool mornings/nights. I am definitely getting one for my LSV. Now I just need JasonZ's buddy who installed it to help me out too! I'm not the best with drilling or electronics!
    Heaters are the BOMB! I would never have a boat without one. Ours gets used all the time. It is the first thing I installed when I bought this boat. The drilling is a piece of cake. just get the right size bit and go slow. I put some painters tape on the location where I am drilling and outline where to drill. I put the drill on reverse first to just cut a slight groove with the teeth first before I put it on forward and start cutting. As for the electronics just look at how Jason's is all wired and copy it. I am not great with electronics either but if you see how it was done you can easily copy it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Remember to winterize it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default heater install 2012 outback v

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

Do it!

Vents come black, and you can add a chrome trim ring, I think it's an extra $10.
    2013 Outback V

Is that under the seat? Was there no space under the driver console?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Also, how long are the tube "holders" for the extendable hot tubes? Just wondering what kind of space will be required. I'd like to have 3 of them but not sure on mounting in compartments.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...