Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast pump replacement?

I pulled my pump when I winterized the boat and I'd like to get a new one. The current one is a Rule Hi-Flow livewell pump which was the stock pump that came with my boat when I bought it. I was wondering what folks were running and suggest I look into and where I can look on the internet for a new pump?

Thanks!
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

If your ballast system is the single ballast pump with the 3 electric sprinkler valves, then most gut the system to do away with those sprinkler valves and them give each sac its own dedicated fill pump and plumbing. This can be done with aerator or reversible impeller, which would also eliminate the drain pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    If your ballast system is the single ballast pump with the 3 electric sprinkler valves, then most gut the system to do away with those sprinkler valves and them give each sac its own dedicated fill pump and plumbing. This can be done with aerator or reversible impeller, which would also eliminate the drain pumps.
    Ugh, not what I wanted to hear MLA, that's a lot of involved work that I just don't have the time for right now (nor do I even want to mess with that).

CNS is the the pump dead? I think your pump is 1100 gph

they don't make that one anymore, you could replace it with this tournament rule pump but pretty spendy at 160.00
    http://www.cgedwards.com/Rule/rule03.html

the cheaper option would be the tsunami 1200
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Ballast pump replacement?

I screwed up my pump last year trying to do a DIY repair. called wakemakers and had a new one sent. easy to replace, plug and play basically

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Ugh, not what I wanted to hear MLA, that's a lot of involved work that I just don't have the time for right now (nor do I even want to mess with that).
    yes it is, not arguing that. If you are just needing a suitable replacement for a dead pump, the Rule 209B jmvotto linked to can work. Or the Johnson 1600B. If you want more flow, then the Rule 17A is 3800 GPH

The pump is not dead. It's 6 yrs. old, just thought I'd replace it. Thought I'd also like more flow out of it. Perhaps I am jumping the gun here and I don't need to do this at this time. Though I will look at those other pumps for reference. Thanks guys.

if the pump still functions, id run it until the time is right to reconfigure the entire fill system.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    if the pump still functions, id run it until the time is right to reconfigure the entire fill system.
    agreed, you wont get anymore flow through the sprinkler system the way it is configured. stick with the original pump.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have heard that if you replace that pump with a reversible pump you will get better flow. You might want to talk to wakemakers on that though. I hear that even though you have less GPM on the Johnson / Jabsco the head pressure is much better and will push through the sprinkler heads better. Even though the existing pump is high flow there is no pressure and the flow is minimal once it gets to the bags. Just what I have heard.

If you replace it with a Johnson your part way there if you decide to go with the elaborate system many of us have decided to invest in.