Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outback Gone?

Default Re: Outback Gone?

Skiers only go for 15-20 min, why not let them get a set in while you have a beer. I'd be a little irritated if I were them. Just seems like the right thing to do. Share the love man!

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Skiers only go for 15-20 min, why not let them get a set in while you have a beer. I'd be a little irritated if I were them. Just seems like the right thing to do. Share the love man!
    Yeah with the sun going down a little after 7 and me not getting home from work until a little after 6, I don't really feel the need to share the love if my neighbor that surfs with me and I each only have just enough time to get a set in. Plus, I don't have a boat like this to drink beer on, I have a boat like this to wakeboard and surf! I'd buy a much cheaper pontoon boat if I was into that...no time for those shenanigans.

Here's how I see it...I love wakeboarding on glass and I don't usually even bother riding in any chop at all anymore, but if they're out skiing, I'd NEVER go ask them to stop skiing so I could have perfectly smooth water as they are free to do what they please. I have taken turns plenty of times, but there is just not enough time to share in the evenings this late in the season. First come first serve, none of us own the water.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Yeah with the sun going down a little after 7 and me not getting home from work until a little after 6, I don't really feel the need to share the love if my neighbor that surfs with me and I each only have just enough time to get a set in. Plus, I don't have a boat like this to drink beer on, I have a boat like this to wakeboard and surf! I'd buy a much cheaper pontoon boat if I was into that...no time for those shenanigans.

Here's how I see it...I love wakeboarding on glass and I don't usually even bother riding in any chop at all anymore, but if they're out skiing, I'd NEVER go ask them to stop skiing so I could have perfectly smooth water as they are free to do what they please. I have taken turns plenty of times, but there is just not enough time to share in the evenings this late in the season. First come first serve, none of us own the water.
    So because I share the water and drink beer I should have a pontoon boat. Nice...

PWI as usual...

So because I share the water and drink beer I should have a pontoon boat. Nice...
    Yes, that's a true statement

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...

Lol wow... ahh to be 27 again!
    Last edited by newty; 10-10-2013 at 01:26 PM.

PWI as usual...

that just brings about a whole new set of issues
    better to drink a beer and share the water
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

LOL! You won't catch me on a floating dock yet!

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    that just brings about a whole new set of issues
    better to drink a beer and share the water
    Like I said, I've been cordial and sharing all year (they haven't had to ask, I would just wait for them to have a break between riders before I went, and wave them on after my set was done). Ironically, the first day I went out this year (moved to the lake last December) I took turns not even knowing who they were, and later they drove up thanked me for it and said it was cool of me to do that unlike a lot of other boaters. But the point came where I kind of stopped caring when they went over the top by actually asking me to stop doing my sport so they could do theirs. They go out every morning when I'm leaving for work, so I don't feel bad if they can't have the water to themselves every evening too