Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swim Platform Bolt

One of the bolts/screws that hold the swim platform bracket on the transom broke off. I just found it yesterday, you can look in the hole and see half of the bolt that is still in there but the head is gone. Any ideas on how to get the rest out and install a new one?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Sorry to hear that. An easy out will take care of that:

http://www.amazon.com/piece-Easy-Scr.../dp/B0002UJNWE
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Easy out's are great! One other way I have done it if there is enough screw still sticking out (you might have to take of the bracket) is to use a dremel or file to make a slit in the shaft so you can take it out with a flat head screwdriver. The easy outs are usually faster if you have one on hand. I have used them several times to remove broken header bolts on cars.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    One of the bolts/screws that hold the swim platform bracket on the transom broke off. I just found it yesterday, you can look in the hole and see half of the bolt that is still in there but the head is gone. Any ideas on how to get the rest out and install a new one?
    which bolt was it? Since it sounds like you need the EZ out, I'm assuming it's one of the bottom bolts/screws? If so you'll be able to confirm a nagging question: Is there a captured nut that the bolt screws into that is glass'd in the hull, or is it a nyloc like the top bolts (if it is like the top bolts, then how do you get it out, or a new one installed since you can't access it from inside the hull)? Please keep us updated.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    which bolt was it? Since it sounds like you need the EZ out, I'm assuming it's one of the bottom bolts/screws? If so you'll be able to confirm a nagging question: Is there a captured nut that the bolt screws into that is glass'd in the hull, or is it a nyloc like the top bolts (if it is like the top bolts, then how do you get it out, or a new one installed since you can't access it from inside the hull)? Please keep us updated.
    You bring up a very good question and one that I was actuall wondering about. It is the bottom inside bolt on the right side of the boat. I'm not too worried about it right now, just won't be setting up my goofy side surf wave until it's fixed. The rest of the bolt is about 3/4" in there so I guess an easy out will have to work
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Please let us know. That question has been asked by just about everybody on this forum and no one ever gets a real answer, just a lot of speculation. Even the dealer I asked did not know. We are all afraid to take the bottom bolts out to see just in case its not and we have to cut our floors out to get to the back side..

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

You bring up a very good question and one that I was actuall wondering about. It is the bottom inside bolt on the right side of the boat. I'm not too worried about it right now, just won't be setting up my goofy side surf wave until it's fixed. The rest of the bolt is about 3/4" in there so I guess an easy out will have to work
    I hope for your sake, and ours, that it's a nut that is very sturdily (is that a word?) glass'd into the hull. Thanks for posting this issue and please keep us posted.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I'm guessing it is glassed into the hull since the rest of the bolt is still stuck in there. I figured if it was just a bolt with a nut then the remainder of the bolt with the nut attached would fall back inside the boat and the boat would starting taking on water. Since I do not think I am taking on water and the bolt is still in there then the nut must be glassed?
    David

I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said that the bottom two bolts are actually screws that are screwed straight into the fiber glass. No nut at all on the other side. He said I'm in no danger of it leaking, just of the platform falling off if I continue to surf with the broken screw. He quoted me at 450 bucks to fix it, that's pulling carpet, cutting access hole into the floor, removing the foam, getting old screws out, and installing new bolts with washers and nuts that are stronger than the original screws.
    David

I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said that the bottom two bolts are actually screws that are screwed straight into the fiber glass. No nut at all on the other side. He said I'm in no danger of it leaking, just of the platform falling off if I continue to surf with the broken screw. He quoted me at 450 bucks to fix it, that's pulling carpet, cutting access hole into the floor, removing the foam, getting old screws out, and installing new bolts with washers and nuts that are stronger than the original screws.
    Yikes, thanks for the update. I do NOT like that design...
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand