Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba surf system??

Have anyone head about an upcoming surf system for Moomba boat in 2014??
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

This would be awesome. I wondered why every boat company didn't try to make their own after nautique and Malibu debuted this system. I love Moomba's, and a surf system would seal the deal for me to buy a brand new mojo within the next couple years. But, will Malibu let this happen? There is a long discussion on PN that says Malibu will try to sue and stop nautique from using the NSS. So if that is true, then would Malibu try to stop all companies from using surf systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    Have anyone head about an upcoming surf system for Moomba boat in 2014??
    My dealer told me that they will releasing the surf system for 2014 SC and SA at about the time of the boat shows this winter if you look close at the 2014 SC and SC there is place for the switch just below the throttle,they are tight lipped about it and even he didnt have alot of info,but he didnt hear anything of a surf system for the Moomba line.Thought that might be a few years away, Just have to wait what the boat show season brings.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Any new surf system will most likely be introduced on the Supra lineup, Moomba will have to wait for the trickle down i would think, maybe a more basic version of what ever comes out in 1-2 years. That being said I have not heard of any surf system myself.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Moomba surf system??

From what I have heard is that there is a potential patent infringement lawsuit by Malibu against Nautique's NSS and that the Moomba/Supra surf system somewhat hinges on the result of that...
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Not to go off track but why not...

MC first came up with the surf tab idea, so did they throw they hat in the ring too.. the NSS and surf gate are totally different mechanisms that produce the same result. Not sure why SC would wait, wake plate actuator aren't propriety.

my .02 but then again I am no patent attorney.....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Not to go off track but why not...

MC first came up with the surf tab idea, so did they throw they hat in the ring too.. the NSS and surf gate are totally different mechanisms that produce the same result. Not sure why SC would wait, wake plate actuator aren't propriety.

my .02 but then again I am no patent attorney.....
    Mastercraft may not have patented it, or patented it specifically for the purpose of wake surfing. I'm no patent attorney either, but I did study patent law in school a little. It looks to me like Malibu might have just reason to sue Nautique (and maybe even Mastercraft) for patent infringement.

Looks like, as simply put, Malibu has patented the act of mounting a flap for the purpose of enhancing a surf wake (among much other jargon). If you want to read their patent in detail, go here:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...rf&RS=TTL/surf

Also, they have been granted another patent for a fin underneath the boat that can be moved to also help modify the wake. Basically like a small rudder in front of the driveshaft (or maybe where ski fins are) that can be controlled to rotate, therefore helping the boat list it seems. Maybe we'll see this soon too?

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...rf&RS=TTL/surf
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Also, they have been granted another patent for a fin underneath the boat that can be moved to also help modify the wake. Basically like a small rudder in front of the driveshaft (or maybe where ski fins are) that can be controlled to rotate, therefore helping the boat list it seems. Maybe we'll see this soon too?
    Sounds similar to the CATS system Centurion was pushing with their ramfill for this year.

"In 1990, Ski Centurion introduced the patented Centurion Articulating Tracking System (CATS) to enhance a ski boat’s steering and tracking ability. In 2014, Centurion has done it again, this time introducing a CATS fin with a focus on adjusting for the perfect wake. Through a steering column lever or Touch Vision System, the new CATS fin articulates under the boat on command. While the boat is underway, the CATS fin will deflect the bow of the boat so each rider can manipulate the shape of the wave giving total control of the face, vertical aspect, length and position. While wake surfing with a CATS fin equipped boat and its instant wave adjustments, riders can take their surfing to the next level. Not limited to wake surfing, the new CATS also helps adjust wakeboard wakes without changing onboard ballast or moving people about the boat. Simply adjust the CATS fin port or starboard – based on your boat’s weight with crew and gear – instantly perfecting the wake. "
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

seems like just gettinga boat to crab walk down the lake would basically have the same effect as Bu's surfgate and could be done with adjustable tracking fins
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Sounds similar to the CATS system Centurion was pushing with their ramfill for this year.

"In 1990, Ski Centurion introduced the patented Centurion Articulating Tracking System (CATS) to enhance a ski boat’s steering and tracking ability. In 2014, Centurion has done it again, this time introducing a CATS fin with a focus on adjusting for the perfect wake. Through a steering column lever or Touch Vision System, the new CATS fin articulates under the boat on command. While the boat is underway, the CATS fin will deflect the bow of the boat so each rider can manipulate the shape of the wave giving total control of the face, vertical aspect, length and position. While wake surfing with a CATS fin equipped boat and its instant wave adjustments, riders can take their surfing to the next level. Not limited to wake surfing, the new CATS also helps adjust wakeboard wakes without changing onboard ballast or moving people about the boat. Simply adjust the CATS fin port or starboard – based on your boat’s weight with crew and gear – instantly perfecting the wake. "
    I could not find a patent on this. If they did not patent it (I can't imagine a company of that size not), then maybe Malibu patented it first and might have even based their idea off of the CATS system lol.

I guess it will just be who's lawyers are better...Malibu will have to defend their patents, and the other companies will have to find a way around the patents.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV