Default Weighing Differences?

I know weighing the back corner makes the wave taller and putting more weight in the ski locker or bow makes the wave longer and the wake plate cleans everything up. What effect does weighing down the opposite ski locker have?? Also with the 1100's do those with XLV's still have to add additional support to the engine walls?
    2009 Moomba XLV

On some models, Mojo for example, the off side weight helps to beef up the wave, imo. You may find the same for the XLV. Some folks with pre '13 LSV's say its' improves, some not.

I haven't added the supports, but many others have.

I have not needed any additional supports in my XLV for the 1100 in the v drive locker.

I find that offside weight works in my XLV but I have to keep it below the point of washing the wave out.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I added supports to the flip Down panel, just 3/4 box aluminum mounted in the engine compartment in a v shape.
    So I can still acces the engine exactly the same.
    I'd I'd not Go the full frame rout, so far so good
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I don't know about the XLV, but in my LSV the off side weight just makes the wake less clean. I even try to stand on the surf side while driving just to make the boat list as much as possible. Curious if on bigger boats it's different, but I would almost think it's worse since I would assume more weight to one side would be required to make the boat list due to a wider beam.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Obviously it depends on the specific boat, as well as how much weight you're talking about, but in general the following will hold true for any boat:

Front-Rear Weight Distribution
    More weight in the rear of the boat leads to a taller, shorter wake with more push. That's why we always start with weight in the rear of the boat.
    More weight in the front of the boat gives you a longer pocket, but will remove some of the height and push. The longer the wake the better, so get as much weight forward in the boat as you can without removing too much push.

Side-to-Side Weight Distribution
    More weight on the surf side will clean that face up, which is why we load the surf side of the boat more than the non-surf side. As you continue adding weight to the surf side you'll get a steeper face.
    Weight on the non-surf side has the opposite effect on the wake.

The important thing to keep in mind here is any time we add weight to the boat that will increase the displacement of the hull, which will make the wake bigger, but where/ that weight is placed will impact the shape of the wake, and shape and size combined are what determines the quality of the wake.

So the answer to your original question is, try putting some weight on the non-surf side and see what happens. If you have enough weight on the surf side you'll see a bigger wake (with possibly a slightly less steep face), but the it will still be nice and clean. If you don't have enough weight on the surf side, the wake will get washy and the quality will suffer, which means that for your specific configuration, you shouldn't run any weight on the non-surf side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    I don't know about the XLV, but in my LSV the off side weight just makes the wake less clean. I even try to stand on the surf side while driving just to make the boat list as much as possible. Curious if on bigger boats it's different, but I would almost think it's worse since I would assume more weight to one side would be required to make the boat list due to a wider beam.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...