Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Waxing new boat

Meguires Professional series and a Cyclone buffer. I always have on hand in my shop heavy, medium, light compounds, swirl remove, ultra glaze ( my favorite) and high tech wax. The normal yearly rub down for my vehicles are usually 4-5 trips around then I try to get s wax on in between

Default Waxing new boat

It's a new boat so you won't need anything other than a good coat of marine wax. Save the cleaner waxes and polishes for after you've used it for awhile. Congrats!

love your color combo!

my boat doesn't see a lot of time in the water unfortunately, so i just use turtlewax...

As for the new boat part, ask skiers choice if they recommend you to wax it and what product they recommend. just see what they say.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeet
    I agree!!! Cant wait to see the real deal!

Yeah, you better learn how to clean and wax!!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Very nice boat!!
    I have the same color combo except the bottom green!! I wax (meguires) every month and use Babes after I get the boat out of the water - it shines - lot of work but soooooo worth it.. Congrats
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub

I guarantee you the manufacture doesn't know the best products. at best they recommend products that give kickbacks. An example is my Volvo Xc90 recommend Castroil oil. not the best by any means. Brett no means does that mean SC does this but it makes sense to go with the recommendations from the market.

Default Waxing new boat

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    Here it is. I know the black will be extra work but I had to go with a color combo I loved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Great color choices! From one black and intense green owner to another; you need BoatBling stimulus package!

2013 Outback V

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I appreciate it.

This is my first boat so I have many things to learn and many things to purchase. With a December spray date, January seems like it won't come quick enough although I am sure it will go faster than I expect since my 4 kids will no doubt keep me busy. I have tried to keep myself occupied putting together lists of essential boat items I need to purchase and reading through old owners manuals since the 2014 is not online yet. I am pretty sure the family's x-mas lists this year will mainly contain boat related items.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Great color choices! From one black and intense green owner to another; you need BoatBling stimulus package!

I like it!

Pretty sure one of my kids has already asked for the boat bling stimulus package for xmas!
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

I did, and would recommend to wait 30 days, before waxing a new boat. I have read that gel coat can continue to cure for a little while.

Any quality wax will do. I really like Nu Finish. It is easy to apply/remove and on my lastest boat, I ran out while waxing and used Zyminol (sp). I could tell the moment I got the boat out of the water. Nu Finish beaded up much better.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier