Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    that would be my last option just due to possible vandalism or theft of boat or items in boat.
    Eh, I live in a pretty low crime area. I know anything is possible, but that's the least of my concern. Shoot, right now my boat is on the hoist on my lake lot, and there's nothing between it and the street because it's just an easement on the water. I have my trailer there, tubes on the trailer, life jackets, gas cans, deck box with a ton of stuff in it, jetskis, boards...no problems ever.

Although there's been a new development too...the lake I'm on is completely private, there's no public access at all. It's literally the best lake I've ever been on. I am not happy at all about moving off of it and going back to using public lakes. Anyway, my new neighbor that just bought a house on the water a couple months ago came surfing with me last night. There's a house by his that has an easement on the water that's adjacent to his land. He said the guy wants to sell the easement and offered to sell it to him. We're going to make an offer to him and split it...if so then who cares where my wife wants to buy a house, I'll still have my boat on the hoist on my lake! The house we offered on is about 5 minutes away from the lake I'm on now, so it wouldn't be bad at all plus no trailering every day lol.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Well on to house offer #3. First two fell through. I'm not going to offer on one in the HOA neighborhood, I couldn't live like that. The one I just offered on is on a cul de sac backing to the woods, and is in the neighborhood that's on the lake so it's just down the street. Unfortunately, the garage is only 22' even. Maybe the boat will fit at an angle. If not, I'm not concerned really. Worst case is I get one of the harbor freight instant garages and keep it in there. Or just keep it in the driveway with the cover on, not like that's any different than it sitting on my hoist with the cover on!
    The best solution if you have to go with a cover/carport is to check out www.carport.com you can have a sweet metal carport made that's tall enough for your tower and has 1/2 sides on the top for $1500 to $2k. The harbor freight tent garages are a bit of a PITA. they can't take snow loads and the tarps honestly last 2 years max.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: 06 LSV in the garage?

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    The best solution if you have to go with a cover/carport is to check out www.carport.com you can have a sweet metal carport made that's tall enough for your tower and has 1/2 sides on the top for $1500 to $2k. The harbor freight tent garages are a bit of a PITA. they can't take snow loads and the tarps honestly last 2 years max.
    Nice, thanks for the info. I thought about that, I have a friend that works for a carport company, he can probably hook me up. See the canopy in my avatar, that was his he made. Just not sure what the township rules are for either, have to find out.

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...

Hey, what else about your particular lake makes it so good, i.e., best one you've ever been on????
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default 06 LSV in the garage?

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Just not sure what the township rules are for either, have to find out.
    So, what's the big difference between HOA rules & township rules?

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Hey, what else about your particular lake makes it so good, i.e., best one you've ever been on????
    Nobody uses it the large majority of the time, aside from a group of hardcore skiers. It will be middle of the summer and I'll be the only one on the water some evenings. It's crazy how little it's used.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    So, what's the big difference between HOA rules & township rules?
    Township doesn't prevent me from having my boat, fifth wheel, jetski trailer, etc from being in my driveway is the main one I care about

Up our way an hoa will tell u what colors u can paint your door..... What colors are approved for Windows and storm doors .. How many tress u can and can't have.... They simply become a pia up here..... Twp's have become a close second.....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

Default 06 LSV in the garage?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkely View Post
    Up our way an hoa will tell u what colors u can paint your door..... What colors are approved for Windows and storm doors .. How many tress u can and can't have.... They simply become a pia up here..... Twp's have become a close second.....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    Yeah, that's my point. There are rules wherever you are.

I like that my neighborhood HOA prevents people from living a John Cougar Melancamp life and painting their little house pink or a country song and having their pick 'em up truck on blocks in the front yard. Pretty sure that helps maintain the value of my investment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The guy from the HOA told me I couldn't cut my tree down. So I went in his yard and cut his down instead.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!