Default The federal government is going to ruin my vacation!

The kids are out of school on the 17th and 18th this month so we were heading down to Lake Powell for a long weekend but since the Feds can't get their act together the lake is shut down!!!!! Maybe they will pull their heads out and get things back on track but I just don't have much faith at this point. I feel bad for all those federal employees who are out of work and without a paycheck so missing out on a vacation isn't nearly as bad. Sorry, just needed to vent.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    The kids are out of school on the 17th and 18th this month so we were heading down to Lake Powell for a long weekend but since the Feds can't get their act together the lake is shut down!!!!! Maybe they will pull their heads out and get things back on track but I just don't have much faith at this point. I feel bad for all those federal employees who are out of work and without a paycheck so missing out on a vacation isn't nearly as bad. Sorry, just needed to vent.
    They are truly behaving childishly. I am not sure how true some of the stories are but I have heard on multiple occasions that many parks across the country have INCREASED staffing in the form of security just to keep people out. This makes NO sense whatsoever. I have also heard that access to many privately funded historic sites have been blocked off, and then there are the open air unmanned sites like the WWII memorial that was blocked off. Completely ridiculous to intentionally try and magnify the effects of this shut down in an attempt to make a stupid point. They work hard to close and keep people out of places than they would work normally keeping them open.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

it's absolutely correct in using the word childish to describe what they are doing.

I'm not dem or rep nor follow a lot of politics or agendas, but what I don't get are why, as a gov't they don't just pass the budget bill and get all these workers back on the job collecting paychecks and then start debating the healthcare laws. I would like to think we will all remember this come election time and no matter the affiliation, vote for the other candidate and get these hosebags out of office, but I doubt that will be a reality. seems that most follow a party line thinking that they all have their best interests at heart. sad thing is like all the laid off workers, they are not getting paychecks either, but if you look at their financial makeup, they will be able to go a LONG time without so they really don't care. wanna hit them like they did the others? charge them all 1k/day for every day the others don't work(consider it a fine). see how quickly it wraps up then
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The reason they don't pass a budget then debate the health care law later is because there will not be another chance. The law is going into effect and once an entitlement program is rolled out and people start to depend and become reliant on it it is pretty much impossible to do away with. That is why there is a such a push right now to stop it before it starts, what we are seeing is actually one of the few times our governmental system is working the way it was designed. You may think I am crazy saying that but you have representatives who are actually fighting for what their constituency wants, which is very very very rare. The republicans represent districts that do not want this health care law while the dems represent districts that do, and both are sticking to their guns. The republicans however have shown a willingness to compromise in that instead of completely de-funding the ACA they will settle for a delay on the implementation so they can get people back to work and fight about it another day however the senate Democrats and President are refusing to accept their compromise even though they have already delayed numerous measures in the law themselves.

So now what we have two sides, neither willing to completely give in but one willing to compromise and the other one is relying on the media to spin their unwillingness to compromise in their favor against their opponent. In any case however, you actually have a representative government right now.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I saw this posted over the weekend and thought you might enjoy it if you haven't already seen it....

Dear Congress,
    Last year I mismanaged my funds and this year I can not decide on a budget. Until I have come to a unified decision that fits all of my needs and interests, I will have to shut down my checking account and will no longer be able to pay my taxes. I'm sure you'll understand. Thank you for setting an example that we can all follow!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    I saw this posted over the weekend and thought you might enjoy it if you haven't already seen it....

Dear Congress,
    Last year I mismanaged my funds and this year I can not decide on a budget. Until I have come to a unified decision that fits all of my needs and interests, I will have to shut down my checking account and will no longer be able to pay my taxes. I'm sure you'll understand. Thank you for setting an example that we can all follow!!
    That is exactly right. I hate politics and politicians. As Sandm said I hope every single one of them get voted out of office. The country needs to clean house and get new blood in to fix the problems.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

^problem is when election time comes around, everyone will just follow the herd of sheep and vote partyline instead of checking the box for every candidate that is not in office, and to give some credit, there are many up there that I think are trying to do the right thing, but are stymied by the leaders of their party.
    it's a sad state of affairs in our political offices right now and that extends all the way down to the smallest local govt..

case in point, a small section(1000ft) of street needs to be finished in Boise to extend a somewhat major arterial street. county owns part, city owns part. both are fighting over the street dimensions so neither do anything. this is pushing 5-6,000 cars a day down a 25mph very residential section. cops are patrolling often due to kids/speed/etc. since neither can come to a conclusion, transportation dept got tired of listening to cops and installed 8 speed humps on a 1/4mile stretch of road. guessing it cost 20% of the net cost of the street install. sick and stupid..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten