Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default 06 LSV in the garage?

Ok, I know this is going to sound terrible...but we might be buying a house off the water . My question is, will my LSV fit in a standard garage? It's 23' deep by 26' wide, door is 83" tall (1" shorter than 7ft). I think the LSV with the swing away tongue, deck off, and tower down should just barely fit. My old garage was 23' deep also, and my 00 Launch with tower down (which was taller than LSV prob) and no swing tongue fit at a very slight angle (was 23' 6" long).

IF YOU WANT TO READ WHY, PLEASE READ ON! OTHERWISE THIS IS JUST ME RAMBLING!

We currently rent kind of on a completely private lake, which is an amazing lake, but our house is actually a street off the lake but the house has a deeded easement on the water where I have a dock with my boat and jetski hoists and stuff. It's not as convenient as you would think since we run back and forth via golf cart, but at least I don't have to trailer my boat. Plus my wife HATES the house and location of the house itself, like with a passion. I'm pretty indifferent, but it's not her style at all and I'm really only here because of the easement on the water.

We are ready to buy, but just can't find anything affordable that we like on the water. My wife prefers a house off the water that is huge and gorgeous, compared to a house on the water that is medium and mediocre. Me, I'd prefer water...but you know how that goes. The house we are thinking about putting an offer on is in an awesome sub that's on an electric only lake (this house isn't directly on it), but there's a huge, and I mean huge, lakeside park for residents only that has a great beach, playground, tennis courts, etc. At least I could still use my SUP there I guess. The house is within 10-15 minutes of probably 10 public lakes I can launch at, so I'm not too far away. The house is a huge awesome victorian with everything my wife wants, like gourmet kitchen with granite and all that crap. We have two small kids, 5 and 2, and it looks like a very kid friendly sub, and it's definitely a higher end sub of the area.

Anyway, literally my only holdout is based on if my LSV can fit in the garage. The neighborhood has a rule against leaving boats (or other trailers) in the driveway I guess for more than a day or two. Kind of sucks since I have a fifth wheel, double jetskis, snowmobile trailer, duck hunting boat, golf cart, etc...looks like I'll be getting a big storage unit lol.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    mojo

I have a 23.2" garage depth and have a 22ft boat in it with platform off and swingtongue.
    Ha, I knew somebody had mentioned this before!

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Ok, I know this is going to sound terrible...but we might be buying a house off the water . My question is, will my LSV fit in a standard garage? It's 23' deep by 26' wide, door is 83" tall (1" shorter than 7ft). I think the LSV with the swing away tongue, deck off, and tower down should just barely fit. My old garage was 23' deep also, and my 00 Launch with tower down (which was taller than LSV prob) and no swing tongue fit at a very slight angle (was 23' 6" long).

IF YOU WANT TO READ WHY, PLEASE READ ON! OTHERWISE THIS IS JUST ME RAMBLING!

We currently rent kind of on a completely private lake, which is an amazing lake, but our house is actually a street off the lake but the house has a deeded easement on the water where I have a dock with my boat and jetski hoists and stuff. It's not as convenient as you would think since we run back and forth via golf cart, but at least I don't have to trailer my boat. Plus my wife HATES the house and location of the house itself, like with a passion. I'm pretty indifferent, but it's not her style at all and I'm really only here because of the easement on the water.

We are ready to buy, but just can't find anything affordable that we like on the water. My wife prefers a house off the water that is huge and gorgeous, compared to a house on the water that is medium and mediocre. Me, I'd prefer water...but you know how that goes. The house we are thinking about putting an offer on is in an awesome sub that's on an electric only lake (this house isn't directly on it), but there's a huge, and I mean huge, lakeside park for residents only that has a great beach, playground, tennis courts, etc. At least I could still use my SUP there I guess. The house is within 10-15 minutes of probably 10 public lakes I can launch at, so I'm not too far away. The house is a huge awesome victorian with everything my wife wants, like gourmet kitchen with granite and all that crap. We have two small kids, 5 and 2, and it looks like a very kid friendly sub, and it's definitely a higher end sub of the area.

Anyway, literally my only holdout is based on if my LSV can fit in the garage. The neighborhood has a rule against leaving boats (or other trailers) in the driveway I guess for more than a day or two. Kind of sucks since I have a fifth wheel, double jetskis, snowmobile trailer, duck hunting boat, golf cart, etc...looks like I'll be getting a big storage unit lol.
    your life is so hard, you disgust me hahaha

not sure on if your boat will fit, i thought my garage was standard size at 21' 6" x 21' 6", now i feel like i just have a big closet with outside access...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

As I do more research, I hear people say it fits but a lot are deflating tires to get it in. I also noticed some say the dual axle and single are different...mine's single if it matters. One good thing is I do have an adjustable drop hitch for my truck so I can lower it way down, and the driveway is decently uphill to the garage so that may keep it low going into the garage also. I remember that's how my Supra fit, it was due to the slant of my driveway pretty much that allowed that old Supra style tower to fit under folded down.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    your life is so hard, you disgust me hahaha
    I know, sometimes I wonder at the old age of 27 why life hasn't treated me better all these long hard years...

I'm struggling with this moving away from the lake thing though, that's for sure! We did live off the lake for 5 years before this. I bought a condo on a lake when I was like 20, when I bought my Supra. My daughter was born when I was 22, so I bought a house that was off the lake since my little 1 bedroom bachelor condo wasn't big enough. I FINALLY got back on the lake a year ago, and now she's already trying to take me away again!!!!!

Ugh. It's a 2 hour drive for us to out riding spot, 1 hour to the closest spot but we hold out for glass

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Ugh. It's a 2 hour drive for us to out riding spot, 1 hour to the closest spot but we hold out for glass

Sent from my iPhone
    Holy crap! And I'm complaining about having to drive my golf cart like 100 yards, or trailering my boat 10 minutes...what a jerk I am!

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default 06 LSV in the garage?

I have that problem, I had to take off both swivel board racks, let the tower down and lower the tongue down on a floor jack and it still would not clear overhead. The tower liked about an inch or two, thought about letting air out but that was going to be to much trouble every time I got it out, but the air will be coming out for winter time storage

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

As far as the axles go, from what I have seen the single axle trailers right higher up than the double so you may have more of a clearance issue with the single than with a double. I think this is due to the single axle having a large rim and tire than the double
    David

I use a real low drop to gt my ls in.... Tongue down far.... Barely fits for width.... I have to take the covers off the guide poles to get it in.... But it fits and no tire deflation.....

You current house doesn't seem like it's all that bad as you can keep all your toys there.... Those developments where u can't keep stuff..... Suck..... Next the kids play set will be to big or to close to the line.... I got no time for that crap....

I would consider keeping the current place Maybe trade her in for one that likes what you have just messing with ya..... But seriously.... The big big house developments are drama filled developments.....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys