Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wife's operation "Sneaky Boat Ninja" Anniversary present...

So I'm the type that's near impossible to buy for. If it's not terribly expensive, i just buy it. If it's a bigger ticket item, I do painstaking research to find the best item at the best deal...

My wife started working weeks ago on what was going to be my anniversary present. She was able to enlist the help of a couple "boat ninjas". Namely our very own "NEWTY" and another local. Thanks Ryan!

When I bought the boat, the rear cushions were in sad shape, and the trunk lid had a big split on the center seam. The vinyl that covered the hinge was also looking pretty bad.

Before:

I found some white cushions on ebay and got them for next to nothing. They were a little small, so I used the bottoms of the old cushions to hold them. Kinda looked like cushions sitting on cafeteria trays... But it worked and it was super cheap. The white was "close" in color to the light gray and it was getting me by... I "fixed" the ripping seam in the center of the trunk with some black gorilla tape. It held for a couple months.

After a few bruised knees and scraped shins, I guess the wife wasn't a big fan of my cheap ass fix on the seats. And I knew something would have to be done again on the trunk lid.

So, she enlisted the help of some "boat ninjas" that we'd met via the Moomba forums. With their help, they were able to find my old seat vinyl, take my seats and the trunk lid without me knowing, and got them totally reupholstered. Then while we were away in Vegas celebrating our anniversary, they actually came and stole my boat and removed the decals and did an aggressive polishing on the gelcoat. They also dressed the trailer and oiled up the teak and reapplied the decals (which my wife was able to re-order from the place I had them custom made at).

New rear cushions and trunk lid:

We went with a black stripe on the trunk lid to match the one that's on my engine cover.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

And the shiny polished up gelcoat with fresh decals.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Awesome! That's the stuff we love to hear. Marry her again or marry Newty anyway. Great job guys! Love a stealthy wife who runs up credit card bills (uh, wait a minute- if it's for the boat, OK).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That's an awesome gift!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

awesome wife..i have to find a wife like that.
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Very cool, great surprise and result. She's a keeper!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That's a great thing! Wonderful spouse, good friends, and super looking boat! Next project: white powder coat tower and grab rails to match up with the bold graphics.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Awesome! I'm amazed she was able to pull it off. Only way my wife would be able to do something like that is if I was out of town!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

What a great wife! Very nice! Can some steal my 65 GTO and restore her....my birthday is coming up... Ha!
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

Great story, I have a better half that tends to do that type of thing as well.

The way to really thank her is in about 3-4 weeks just stop and get her flowers for no reason at all. Or better yet, if she works outside the house have the flowers sent to her work. I know my wife loves to show off that type of thing to her co-workers!!!

And congrats on the anniversary!

2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...