Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moomba lsv or axis a22

Looking to buy a new 2013 lsv or a 2014 axis a22. Any one had experience on the lsv? I wake board and wife wake surfs. I might water ski once or twice a year? Any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by shockthis View Post
    wife wake surfs.
    Happy wife = happy life. good wakesurf wave = lsv hard boat to dial a wakesurf wave = A22.

enough said

all fun aside, lsv will be a solid all-around performer. a22 would have the edge in boarding, but that boat is not known for surfing. enough stories about guys taking platforms off to get a decent wave.
    Last edited by sandm; 09-27-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Anyone tried surf gate on a22 yet

Anyone tried surf gate on a22 yet
    Have a friend with it but have not ridden behind it or seen it in action

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

I just bought a 2013 LSV in june and love it, great boat
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

My personal opinion if you're going to buy new, for the costs I've read online for cost of the brand new A22 with that surf gate, buy a Malibu. You might fork out an extra 10K, but you get just about all the bells and whistles. *my opinion!*
    I've surfed and wakeboarded behind a A22 and absolutely LOVED the wakeboard wake. So much pop, the wedge really plays a HUGE roll in giving you that umph you need to get up. When pulling doubles, I could clear the other rider easily even while he was in the trough of the opposite wake. Wake to flats was a piece of cake. Wakesurf wave wasn't that bad either but it was more difficult to dial in. Overall, the boat was very well designed for the price point boat it *used* to be.

I'm posting these kinds of pics to show the pop you can acheive from the wake (my LSV in the background)

Now with that said, the LSV is an Extremely solid boat as well. The wakeboard wake is pretty good with the factory ballast system. However, add you a extra sac and the wake becomes massive. Very poppy and will launch you to the stars when you edge in right.

Also, with the extra sac, the wakesurf wave is pretty impressive too. For my boat, it dials in at about 10.7 mph. I don't have any real good pics of the surfwave to show you though, but I do have this one! Wakesurfing is fun and safe for all ages!! ...As long as you know what you are doing and proper protective gear (life jacket!) is worn!

Now with THAT said, if you want to look at a boat in the high 60's to 70k range (New A22), check you out a used Super Air Nautique 210. That had an extremely mellow and fun to ride surf wave, not to mention that Super Air Nautique wake which is pretty awesome to achieve with some smaller effort.

Of course too, there's always the Mojo that is just the best of both worlds...
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Currently in a outback v 2011. Is the wake that much better on both. I am at the point we have both progressed in surfing and wake boarding. We do have a 18 month old so having too many sacs lying around is not the greatest thing. i am fine with a ibs. Right now she will surf every time and I wakeboard, we go every day in the summer as we live on a lake so switching everything over is going to be a pain. I am getting a wicked deal on a lsv or I can buy a axis a22 with surf gate for 67000.
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Before I bought my 2013 Moomba LSV I test drove the 2013 Axis A22, the 2013 Malibu Wakesetter, and the 2013 Malibu Ride. My pick was the 2013 Moomba LSV -The Axis was more expensive and to me looked cheap on the inside (the dealer stock) - I really could not get what I wanted... I have been pleased with the service and everything else with the LSV! We wake board, Wake surf, and Slalom Ski behind it...
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub

Currently in a outback v 2011. Is the wake that much better on both. I am at the point we have both progressed in surfing and wake boarding. We do have a 18 month old so having too many sacs lying around is not the greatest thing. i am fine with a ibs. Right now she will surf every time and I wakeboard, we go every day in the summer as we live on a lake so switching everything over is going to be a pain. I am getting a wicked deal on a lsv or I can buy a axis a22 with surf gate for 67000.

Woah, 67K? LSV all day

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    Woah, 67K? LSV all day

that's what I was thinking. I was quoted 58k ly for a pretty well equipped axis 22 so that seems high, but don't know if that's with trade involved and what surfgate adds to the pricetag.

if you have the room, I'd say pick the mojo over the lsv as for boarding and surfing but if you are getting a killer deal on the lsv, take it home and you won't ever look back.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten