And now for my latest mod.... Runway lights!!!!!!!!

I got this idea from a cool writeup on Wakeworld.

Here's what you need:
  1. 5 meters of black 5050 SMD waterproof strip lights, Mine light up BLUE
  2. Atwood Digital Bilge Switch (Amazon.com had the best price)
  3. A bunch of black zip ties

So, 5 meters was enough to go from the rear of the trailer most of the way towards the front. Close enough that I didn't feel compelled to waste more money on lights. I paid $26 shipped off ebay from a seller called nj-store.

This switch will power the lights on for 8 seconds when you first turn on the running lights. Just a power up test it always does. Once the sensors are wet for 8 seconds, then the lights will illuminate. The switch will keep the lights powered up for 1 minute after the sensors are out of the water. There are no moving parts on this switch so it won't trigger the lights going down the road on bumps.
http://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Digita.../dp/B001O0D6LU

Okay, so I just ran the strip lights down the top of my frame rails of my trailer. I tapped into my running light circuit of my trailer lights, ran a wire across to the other side to power those strip lights, and secured the strip lights about every 3 to 4 feet with zip ties around the frame rails. Yes, they have adhesive, but it's weak and I don't trust it so I zip tied the strip lights in place.