Default 2016 Helix Vs 2018 Max

I currently have a 2016 Helix with upgraded 1100’s in the rear. Wondering how you think that surf wave would compare to a stock 2018 Max?

I’m thinking of upgrading but I don’t have the technical skills to piggyback off of the Max’s rear bags to add more weight to the middle of the boat like it is suggested to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is your dealer? Are they capable of handling an upgrade like that.

I wouldn't let a $500'ish upgrade deter me from otherwise buying a new boat.

Depending on how you lake, lead might be an option as well?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default 2016 Helix Vs 2018 Max

I’ll have to check specifically if they’re willing to do it. My impression was probably not.

Unfortunately, I have to trailer the boat every time so l was trying to stay away from lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing a couple years ago with my Mojo. I called Wakemakers and they set me up with everything I needed. If you can turn a screwdriver and follow directions, you can install extra bags with ball valves and whatknot.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I had a demo with a Max last week and I thought it was a nice boat. I took some video while we were out to see how the stock wave looks (surf wave starts around the 3 minute area) https://youtu.be/cVAuwU9pxMg. It probably could have been cleaner and a little bigger if we had stayed out to dial it in. It was just 2 of us in the boat. Not sure how that looks compared to your Helix.