Default El Guapo Liquid Force board reviews

Does anyone have any experience with the 5'2" Liquid Force El Guapo surf board? Any reviews, both good and bad, would be appreciated. Thanks.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I've surfed a 5'2" El Guapo and was not very impressed. I made a post about it and several other boards a while back, here is part of it:

I can share my my personal experience but of course it's all subjective and dependent on skill level, riding style and surf wave. I started with the cwb ride (5'), back then I was mostly attempting to surf on a dd wave and struggling pretty bad, i then switched to the 5' cwb razr and up until last summer that was all I had surfed. 2 years ago I upgraded my boat to an lsv with a suck gate and have progressed quite a bit. To give you an idea on my "skill" level (or lack of) - I can move around the wave at will, do some carving, small ollies/airs and have rode out a 360 a couple times. The razr is more of a hybrid board in my opinion and it is a decent board but I wanted to upgrade and thinking I would be more into the surf style board I purchased a 4'6 doomswell neo last summer. I didn't really enjoy the neo, it felt really responsive but slow compared to my razr. I do wonder if it was just too short (or if I am too big - 5'10/185 lbs). I also rode a couple other boards last summer - a 5'2 liquid force el guapo - I would pass on that one, didn't really seem to excel in any particular area and then a 4'10" hyperlite time machine, I liked this surf style board a lot more than the doomswell but I'm now thinking i might just prefer skim style more. I bought a 59" liquid force super tramp mid summer, it honestly excels in almost every area over the boards I've mentioned for me, most of my friends who have rode the same group of boards agree and ask for the super tramp over the others.

If you're thinking liquid force or just that price range I would recommend the super tramp over el guapo for sure.
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

I'm interested in the El Guapo as a beginner board for anyone that hasn't surfed before. It seems like it would be easier for people to stay in the wave with a big ass board and get some early success before switching over to another board. What didn't you like about it BT?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

It’s just a cruising board. You can’t really throw it around. It’s basically like an ocean Malibu/longboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

It felt really squirrelly and slow to me. For a beginner board I still like the cheap wakeboard construction boards, easy to flip up and you won't care when they bang it on the boat. The super tramp isn't a great beginner board since it's easy to nose dive.

If you really want an el guapo still, the one I rode was my neighbors and I'm pretty sure he wants to sell it, I'll ask if you are interested.
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

Here is the thing about the guapo. It is a fun board, not a long board. The only difference between the guapo and the 'nose rider' LF has been making for years is they finally put an actually longboard box in allowing a longboard style fin, similar to boat and ocean longboards that actually surf companies make. I would agree with above comments. The board is made in china, a pretty basic build and does not hold up to being shot into the boat which is a problem for beginners. If you actually want a longboard, a real behind the boat longboard I believe I have a Spooner demo around that you could get a deal on.

Nick