Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Who tracks their gas?

So, I reluctantly added up my gas over the last few months.

2/22 – 3/24 $449 (ski/snowboard season)
    3/25 – 4/22 $404 ($100 boat)
    4/23 – 5/21 $213
    5/22 – 6/23 $512
    6/24 – 7/23 $534 (Jeep Jamboree, boat down July 5th to end of month)
    7/24 – 8/22 $709
    8/23 - Present $704

This does not include the Tow vehicle (which is the Wife's daily driver) but does include normal in town driving of my M3 or my Audi.

The wife's been spending $60 - $75 a week. She just drives to/from work and a few errands, and then tows the boat ~10 miles to the launch.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

almost every Friday night since the start of April, we stop on the way to the lakehouse and fill (7) 5 gal gas cans with fuel ranging this season from $2.99/gal last week to $3.99/gal at the peak of summer.

So, rough guess is over last 4 months, at an average of $3.25/gal for gas, we've spent some $1,800.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    almost every Friday night since the start of April, we stop on the way to the lakehouse and fill (7) 5 gal gas cans with fuel ranging this season from $2.99/gal last week to $3.99/gal at the peak of summer.

So, rough guess is over last 4 months, at an average of $3.25/gal for gas, we've spent some $1,800.
    I wish our gas was that cheap! I paid $4.59 a gallon for ethanol free for quite a few fillups... Premium is still over $4 at all of our local stations.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

It depresses me way to much to think about but .....
    Truck : 20k miles/year / 12mpg = 1667 gallons x $3.50 = $5,833
    Boat : 75 hours/year x 6gph = 450 gallons x $3.5 = $1,575

$7408.0

Either way its a big chunk of change.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

^don't let jordan see this thread... she'll want a honeymoon in Fiji.

I did the first year and not again after that. too depressing to see what you pay and at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade any of it for the fun I've had all these years..
    what really gets me down are to see the prices I pay and the record profits oil companies keep raking in year after year after year.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Not me. I'm glad they make profits. If it wasn't profitable they wouldn't do it. We have some of the lowest petrol costs in the world. I'm happy to pay a few bucks for what I get from fuel. Look up the breakdown and see how much of your gallon goes to the various taxes. You might quit blaming the oil company and start blaming your gov't.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I only track expenses if I want to change my habits or figure out a way to adjust something somewhere! As far as the boat and my rigs go............I'm not willing to change my habits/hobbies!

Now if it get's to $10/gallon that might be a different story.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I only track expenses if I want to change my habits or figure out a way to adjust something somewhere! As far as the boat and my rigs go............I'm not willing to change my habits/hobbies!
    Yes, exactly. I imagine an SC rep asking a moderator to delete this thread. It's bad for Moomba's business.

Actually, it did get me thinking about the changes that I almost made this year. I was going to have a boat garage built on my property, but opted for a regular shed that was simply big enough to store my truckload of boat gear (which until now was stored in the basement). The boat garage would have saved me marina storage fees, but frankly I would have lost most of the savings in transportation costs. My truck gets 11 MPG towing, but 24 just hauling people and gear on the highway. I'm glad that I left the boat routine as it was, except for convenience with gear storage.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Default Re: Who tracks their gas?

Berg it's the government do you really think that you won't have to jump through hoops lol that's funny.

Stay awesome!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

$770.00 which was quite cheap this year actually
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar