Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

no not yet. I hate to bother him but I will probably give him a call tonight.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

My last boat was a Malibu Response LX and I had issues like you describe and mine was related to the rpm's bouncing around and then the engine going into protect mode. This could never be replicated by the dealer and was something that would just randomly happen at times. Not sure if this helps or not.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

it is fixed!. So I stopped by the dealer to grab a fuel filter and pump. I was talking to the service manager explaining what was happening and he said I should just bring the boat in for them to just look it over before spending the money on a pump. So I dropped it off and they call me the next day and say everything seemed ok. The mechanic said he checked all electrical connection from the battery back to the engine as well as under the dash. He said he tightened a few things. Then he said he noticed I had a hat hanging from the throttle down between the seat and the kill switch. He said that he was pretty sure the hat was bumping the kill switch and shutting things down. I thought he was giving me a bunch of BS and that no way was a hat bumping the kill switch and killing the engine. Turns out he was right! The boat ran perfect tonight, and the best part is the shop said "no charge". Must have been my lucky day.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Default Re: Need help with engine stalling/quitting...seems really strange

Nice!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Need help with engine stalling/quitting...seems really strange

Haha! Glad that worked out, was an easy fix and that you found what sounds to be a great dealer.

Glad the issue was found. If all it took was that light touch it sounds like something is on the verge of working and not working. You might need to replace the lanyard and/or kill switch. That is a bit too touchy.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Glad the issue was found. If all it took was that light touch it sounds like something is on the verge of working and not working. You might need to replace the lanyard and/or kill switch. That is a bit too touchy.
    I have a brand new 2013 and my kill switch is pretty touchy too..........killed the boat a couple of times just reaching under my seat!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

we were actually able to kill it by just a little flick of the finger on the button. Very touchy for sure. I figured the lanyard had to be pulled out to kill the engine but I guess not.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Kill switch on a wakeboard boat - another failure point with very little use. I'm glad mine doesn't have one.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I am guessing no one is actually using the kill lanyard attached to themselves. It would be killing the boat constantly.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap