Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Don’t shoot me..Nautique or Moomba?

Ok, first I have to tell you that I’m from Québec and French speaking…so I hope my English will be good enought.

OK, this is probably a weird post on a Moomba forum….but here we go:

I own a Moomba Outback 2006…great ski boat and I love it. But it’s time for me to upgrade. Why? Because I don’t ski that much anymore….more and more back pain (not getting any younger.). But I still love to ski once in a while, maybe 8-10 times per summer. My girlfriend is learning to ski, surf and wake. Friends always like to try water sport when they come over…and I would love to learn how to surf too.
    So I was thinking of a bigger boat with more room and more comfortable in the water, and still great for any water sports. I don’t want to go back to a regular stern drive.
    So I was thinking of the Moomba LSV, Mojo and…(sorry every one), the super air nautique 210 or 230. I know that there is a huge difference in the price, but I was thinking of a new Moomba or a pre-owned Nautique. I also thought that the Moomba Outback V would be good, but I find it a bit to small and to close of my Outback….. I really wanna feel like I changed for something bigger.
    So, in priority order: comfort and roomy (but still fun to drive), wake, and ski…. I thing that Moomba boats have more room then the Nautique for the same boat length.

Thanks for the advices…… and feel free to practice your french

Bonjour! Je m'apelle Nate. Je parle un peu de Francais. J'etais etudiant en Chateaudun, pres de Paris. C'etais il longtemps.

That was probably terrible, I'm super rusty. I was relatively fluent when I was in middle and high school, and I totally lost it once I graduated and never used it again lol. I did a short exchange program in France when I was 14.

Anyway, I've ridden the LSV (I own one), and both the 210 and 230. Not the Mojo, so I can't compare. In my opinion, the LSV is hard to beat for the price. I'm sure the Mojo is just as good and it's a little bigger. The 210 and 230 are both really solid boats, and of course the wake is excellent behind both of those. I haven't ridden them enough though to be able to compare the differences. I've ridden a lot behind a 226, but that's a completely different hull shape.

If you're considering a new Moomba vs a used 210 or 230 at the same price, personally I'd go with a new Moomba just for the fact you can get as good of a wake (IMO) and a new boat, regardless if the Moomba isn't as "plush" or doesn't have as many unimportant gadgets.

If you're looking at used of each, which is what I prefer because somebody else took the depreciation hit, then in my opinion it would come down to the best deal. I can only imagine that a used LSV is going to be significantly cheaper than any of the other options you're looking at, so to me that would be my choice (as it was just a few months ago). I was looking at used 210s myself when I was searching for a boat this year, and it just came down to the fact that I could get a newer used LSV for the same price as an older 210. I'm extremely pleased with the wake and the size of the boat. I don't think you can go wrong any way, you're considering great boats.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Google translate tells me il ya, forgot about the ya...otherwise looks like I'm okay!

You need an LSV. You will love it!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    If you're considering a new Moomba vs a used 210 or 230 at the same price, personally I'd go with a new Moomba just for the fact you can get as good of a wake (IMO) and a new boat, regardless if the Moomba isn't as "plush" or doesn't have as many unimportant gadgets.
    Edit...change to this:

"If you're considering a new Moomba vs a used 210 or 230 at the same price, personally I'd go with a new Moomba just for the fact you can get as good of a wake (IMO) and a new boat, regardless if the Moomba doesn't say Air Nautique on the side of it."

if it was my $$, I'd buy the moomba every day over the nautique as with the moomba, you are going to get a warranty(assuming you're buying new) and you know the service records and break-in of the boat. The nautiques are solid boats, but you are paying a lot for a name.
    that being said, now you have to decide which Moomba is going to grace the garage. If space is not an issue, it would be the mojo for me all day as it's a solid wakesurf boat. you still ski, so the lsv might be a better all-around choice, but if you don't mind skiing on a big wake or have a buddy with a better ski boat to satisfy that urge, the wakeboard/surf wave is worth picking the mojo, not to mention a slightly larger boat for more room with the crew..

good luck..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I was in the same situation,I had a 06 Lsv.This year i ordered a 13 LSV after debating a Nautique. I got the Moomba because of price point,but let me say that you get what you pay for,My buddy has a 2013 210 we have put over a 100 hours on that boat this summer with not one problem,My LSV on the other hand has spent more time at the dealership than on the water i have only 27 hours on it ill make you a great deal on it,HaHa,But you can almost by 2 Moombas for what he paid for his 210,i will say that my LSV has lots more room and storage than his 210 but the compairason stops there its like compairing a KIA to a BMW,But you just cant beat the price point of a Moomba.

Sounds like an anomaly...make you wish you didn't sell your 06? I doubt that one had issues, or else you wouldn't have bought another Moomba...

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...

Yes,you are right my 06 was awesome no problems at all,maybe new isnt always better,HaHa,but i have a weaknest for new shiny things,and i really dont like the reference of i got a Friday build,but just some bad luck,me and my dealer we will get the bugs worked out of her and everything will be good from here on out,having the thermastat changed out this week it is never nothing major but a LOT of little things keeping me off the water.Its all good.

Normally, I would tell you that the Nautique is a better value. If you buy used, there is a good chance that you could keep it for 3-7 years and sell for the same price that you bought it for (or more). However, I believe the 210 is being replaced with a G21, that will drop resale value. Moomba can't be beat for quality at a pricepoint. Nautique may be the best built boats out there with a company that has an honorable value system.

Nothing beats that new boat smell.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier