Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tater View Post
    I was in the same situation,I had a 06 Lsv.This year i ordered a 13 LSV after debating a Nautique. I got the Moomba because of price point,but let me say that you get what you pay for,My buddy has a 2013 210 we have put over a 100 hours on that boat this summer with not one problem,My LSV on the other hand has spent more time at the dealership than on the water i have only 27 hours on it ill make you a great deal on it,HaHa,But you can almost by 2 Moombas for what he paid for his 210,i will say that my LSV has lots more room and storage than his 210 but the compairason stops there its like compairing a KIA to a BMW,But you just cant beat the price point of a Moomba.
    Sorry to hear you are having issues with your 13 LSV. I have an 06 LSV and have not had one single issue with it. I bought it new and have a little over 300 hours on it now. It runs perfectly every single time and not one part has ever failed (except the battery which was 7 years old).
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Sorry to hear you are having issues with your 13 LSV. I have an 06 LSV and have not had one single issue with it. I bought it new and have a little over 300 hours on it now. It runs perfectly every single time and not one part has ever failed (except the battery which was 7 years old).
    Thanks Al,
    I bought a used 06 couple of years ago,put almost 200 hours on it in 2 seasons no problems what so ever,but no such luck on the 13,but the thread is a new Moomba or used Nautique and i would rather have the peace of mind of a new boat just for the problems im having to have a warranty and know the boat inside and out and not have a penny come out of my pocket for repairs.Now if money was no issue i would have a Nautique hands down.
    Last edited by tater; 09-17-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks Al,
    I bought a used 06 couple of years ago,put almost 200 hours on it in 2 seasons no problems what so ever,but no such luck on the 13,but the thread is a new Moomba or used Nautique and i would rather have the peace of mind of a new boat just for the problems im having to have a warranty and know the boat inside and out and not have a penny come out of my pocket for repairs.Now if money was no issue i would have a Nautique hands down.
    Well yeah if money was no issue we'd all have $100k+ wake boats. Dollar per pound, I don't think that there's a much better value than a Moomba for a new boat. But you're comparing apples to oranges when you're talking used vs new. Is a new "cheaper" boat better, or a used "higher quality" boat better. I don't know. As I said before, it would honestly come down to the best deal I could get.

When I was first looking for a boat, it came down to a brand new 2005 Moomba Outback (in orange like I love, just like my LSV) or a 2000 Supra Launch with 200 hours on it. The big points were Moomba was new and perfect color scheme, but it was carburated and small compared to the Launch. The Launch was bigger, a little more plush, fuel injected, but then again used and outdated looking compared to the Outback (and kind of blah colors and design, blue and white). I could afford both, but the Outback still would have been $10k more ($33k to $23k). I could not justify the higher expense of the new Outback because I considered it an inferior wake boat to the Launch. If price were exactly the same, that might have been tougher, but I think I would have regretted buying the Outback. BUT I didn't have a warranty and used boats come with issues every year, so I had a lot of maintenance on my boat as a new wake boat owner (and young, I was 20)...I owned a I/O before that and grew up with watercraft, but wake boats are just more expensive to maintain. Looking back, I made the right choice. The LSV was out of my price range, so I couldn't even consider it at the time (06 models were out, so I was supposedly getting a deal on a leftover 05).

So I guess comparing to your situation, if I were to get a 5 year old Nautique 210 or 230 for 2/3 the price of a brand new Moomba, then I would probably do it. However, comparing my Launch to the Outback wasn't a good comparison because I don't think the Outback would have met my needs for a wake boat. Since you're comparing a LSV to a 210, those are both very competent wake boats and that would change the game for me. Same price, go new LSV. If it's significantly cheaper (>$10k) to get the Nautique, get the Nautique. That's my opinion after my (too) thorough analysis.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Yes,you are right my 06 was awesome no problems at all,maybe new isnt always better,HaHa,but i have a weaknest for new shiny things,and i really dont like the reference of i got a Friday build,but just some bad luck,me and my dealer we will get the bugs worked out of her and everything will be good from here on out,having the thermastat changed out this week it is never nothing major but a LOT of little things keeping me off the water.Its all good.
    agreed........

BTW I had one other thought, with justification lol. My 06 LSV is like a "new" boat to me, I can't really imagine needing any more of a boat. I live on the water so I use the boat very often (every minute I can!), and I've had no issues whatsoever these last few months that I've had it. My 06 LSV is one of the nicest wake boats on the lake, and there's a lot of really wealthy people that live on my lake. Theres one new decked out brand new wakesetter, but other than that there's not really another nicer boat than mine, and that gets used as much as mine lol. If price is no object, I totally support people buying new boats, because somebody has to. I'm not one of them; I'm 28 with a wife that doesn't work and two kids, so for now I'm definitely a used boat buyer because I can't afford new, and there's nothing wrong with that. Is there a reason you aren't considering a used LSV? Then you'd be getting a great wake boat for even cheaper than either option you're considering. If you're thinking a used Nautique, why not consider a used LSV...

I see new LSVs decked out for almost $70k...That's well over twice what I paid for mine. Even the base price in mid $50s is twice what I paid. Pretty sure I wouldn't get twice the enjoyment from a brand new one, nor twice the longevity, nor twice the reliability, nor twice the amount of people telling me how awesome my boat is, nor twice the money when I sell it to upgrade years down the road.

BUT if you can afford it, buy new so SC keeps pumping out boats, and so I can get it for half price from you 6 years from now! Just get an orange one please.

Thanks all for the advice. I’ve try to post some replies to some of you, but I don’t know what I have done wrong, I can’t see any of them.

And Nate, your French is very good…

But anyway, in fact, the answer to my problem is: go for the best deal…. And I think that will always be a Moomba. Like some of you said, for the same price, I would have to buy a Nautique that is 3-5 years older then the Mommba….. I guess I could do that only if I knew were the boat is coming from….. for example, the person who will buy my Outback will get the best boat ever…I’m kind of super maniac about my boat…my girlfriend is almost jealous of the time I spent taking car of my baby !!
    And also, the Nautique I like are the 2012 and +, with the new dash board and LINC system on the side. And if a want more room, I have to go with the 230, because like someone said, the 210 is not to roomy…No way I can find a used 2012 Nautique 230 that will be close to the price of a new Moomba…unless I wait another 2-3 years….and again, in 2-3 years, there will be new Moomba’s

So unless I win big at the lottery, I should start looking at the LSV or Mojo…

As for a used LSV, Iv seen the 2014 with the new Digital Pro II…very nice…….but the 2013 are very nice also with the new dashboard and Digital proI.. As you can see, I need a good looking dashboard…..

And Sandm: I would love to garage the new toy at home. Garage is long and wide enough, but I have a 7’ door, wich is actually 6’10” high… I don’t know if the LSV or Mojo will fit.

And if a buy new or used, it will be white and red or black and white…. Sorry, no orange !!

Merci
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

It sounds like cash isn't really too much of an issue, at least at the point where you need to buy a used Moomba. Sounds like new Moomba is your ticket, you're the type of guy that wants a new boat as your new baby I think. If a new Nautique is out of question, go fit the new Moomba.

I think you'll be surprised, the boats may fit in your garage with the tower down. My Supra did not have the newer gen folding tower, it was all one solid piece. When folded down it was taller than my new LSV folded down. It still fit in my garage, cleared the door by about half an inch.

Btw, merci beaucoup!

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...

lsv should fit. mojo, according to most, will not, unless you are into a circus of events and have an hour to kill deflating tires, lowering hitches and the such.

lsv would be a nice upgrade from what you have and to order brand new, you will know the history.
    be sure and send pics of whatever you do..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sampp1963 im not sure where your from in Quebec , but when i bought my LSV the dealers in Que where 8 to 10 thousand $$ more for an LSV then in Ontario . Its just a thought for you.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

I was in the same situation,I had a 06 Lsv.This year i ordered a 13 LSV after debating a Nautique. I got the Moomba because of price point,but let me say that you get what you pay for,My buddy has a 2013 210 we have put over a 100 hours on that boat this summer with not one problem,My LSV on the other hand has spent more time at the dealership than on the water i have only 27 hours on it ill make you a great deal on it,HaHa,But you can almost by 2 Moombas for what he paid for his 210,i will say that my LSV has lots more room and storage than his 210 but the compairason stops there its like compairing a KIA to a BMW,But you just cant beat the price point of a Moomba.
    On the other hand, my 2013 LSV has 130 hours and has never been to the shop.

My friends $125K G23 has been in the shop 5 times this year and he has gotten a total of 32 hours of use out of it since he bought it.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV