Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't about the v drive but the DD's packing is easy to work on. The older models like mine required taking up the floor and remove the rear panels and it is all right there. It is important to know about the packing cord as it will fail over time but the leakage is minimal at first and gradually gets worse in time so it appears this stuffing tube was in need of either an adjustment or replacement before it was purchased.

The next best thing to having this website is to have someone locally who knows these boats and can help. Much of the maintenance on these boats is not difficult just time consuming.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMTP933 View Post
    Internet research?? I thought that's what the moomba forum was for!! Lol

Spokanite6,

But seriously, there is a lot of guys on here that should be able to help you. Good luck and hope you can figure it out easy and cheap.
    your right and reading his posts it appears that he would benefit from research on his boat to learn the basics prior to jumping in on a significant water leak issue. I recommend getting a shop manual and start learning. Add for taking it to the shop I recommend this due to limited opportunity to get on the water this year. You want to enjoy a new boat and not think about having to take it to the shop next spring. Again picking projects of les significants to learn on.

Spokanite, sweet color scheme on your LSV, can you post some pics up of it when you get a chance? Hard to see it in your avatar.

Anyway, stick your boat in the water and turn it on, then just open the engine bay and the back section of the floor and start looking for water. As they said, just leave it on the trailer at the boat launch while doing all of this if you're nervous about it. My first guess would be your driveshaft packing as people have mentioned, and that's an easy fix. It should drip very slowly, like a few drips a minute; it should not pour out. It will get worse if you put the boat in gear, so if you think you see water coming from the driveshaft packing then put your boat in gear, maybe even give a little big of gas. That might help you determine if the drivshaft packing is the problem.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I don't think it's the shaft seal. Even if it was leaking a steady stream of water, the bilge should have been able to keep up. OP says the center locker was full and carpet under the seats was wet throughout. That's a lot of water. OP also said the water was warm. It sounds to me like you have a leaking hose somewhere in the engine compartment. As others have said, back your boat into the water but leave it on the trailer (be sure to unhook the transom straps), start it up, then look in the engine compartment and see if you can find where the water is coming from. If it's just a hose, then it's a cheap fix compared to taking it to the dealer. If none of the hoses are looking, remove the rear bench seat and remove the fiberlgass cover under the bench seat. You will be looking at the v-drive. Look under the v-drive and you will see the propeller shaft and a large nut through which the propeller shaft goes through. That is the packing nut and water should drip out of there at a rate of one drip every 30-45 seconds.

Report back and tell us what you find.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default 06 LSV Taking on Water!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spokanite6 View Post
    Could it be the heater core?
    My money is on this being the culprit.

Yep, definitely sounds like heater core

Default Re: 06 LSV Taking on Water!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    My money is on this being the culprit.
    +1 for the heater core. Given the water is warm and there's a lot of it. If not the core, it may be the hoses to and from the motor to the core. Look under the bow seat toward the driver console. That's where your core is. Worst case, you may need to pull up the floor if the hose has failed under the floor.

Something else just occurred to me. There is a hose that crosses over from one exhaust manifold to the other with a garden style hose fitting between the two. The hoses come off the front of the manifolds. Its used to winterize the boat and may have never been reconnected.

Out of all of these scenarios, non are expensive repairs and fairly easy to fix. It will also help you learn more about your boat and become more comfortable working on it.

PWI as usual...

+3 on the heater core. put it in the water and I bet you will find the leak. good luck.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190