Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: My first mod...Cooler removal

Quote Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
    I was thinking about doing this to my boat (2002 Outback LSV) so I can add additional ballast under the cooler but I heard after removal you need to brace that section. Anyone with a similar boat have that issue?
    I chopped it out of my 02 with out any consequences. The only thing is there is no carpet in the inside wall. Either way still worth it!

Stay awesome!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    I did it because the original cooler is really crappy at keeping anything cold and it was cracked as well. The cooler fits in perfect without any scrunching.
    That makes sense, I like the idea of being able to pull it out.

Mine is foamed in so I couldn't do that but it does seem to hold two bags of ice for about a day and a half. My complaint is it need sections. It's too big, unless you've got a couple dozen drinks and two to three large bags of ice it's just drinks sliding around with some cubes of ice. I'm thinking of ways to make partitions.
    2005 Air Nautique SV211 Team Edition
    99 Moomba Boomerang- Sold

Default My first mod...Cooler removal

Quote Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
    I was thinking about doing this to my boat (2002 Outback LSV) so I can add additional ballast under the cooler but I heard after removal you need to brace that section. Anyone with a similar boat have that issue?
    I cut mine out so I wouldn't have bags on the seats. No additional bracing required in my '11.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I cut mine out so I wouldn't have bags on the seats. No additional bracing required in my '11.
    I didn't think there was going to be a problem until I read this thread on cooler removal and the need for additional bracing.....

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....Cooler+removal

From Mmandley:

I removed the one on the LSV as well last summer. Was no much nicer having the extra storage room.

New owner was glad it was gone as well.

I will however CAUTION you... If you run a ballast bag up there you need to figure out a way to mount a L brackit or something.

I was running a 450 bag for a while, and with that plus people siting on that side of the boat, the fiberglass bowed out almost 1/2inch from it normal sitting place. I have to push it back in and get it lined back up to its original place. The cooler is providing some anti-flex to that section of the boat.

Might be as easy as taking some aluminum L brace and epoxy them to the inside wall of that area, or mount it to the under side of the lip and to the floor.
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

Default My first mod...Cooler removal

I have a tube sac under there. Same sac that's in the floor locker. 370 pounds and fits absolutely perfect. This is year 2 like this and no problems. There is no brace on the opposite side either. I see no need for extra support.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Same here, ballast bag and no issues, could've been a defect on his boat when built, either way it's an easy fix if needed..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Same here, ballast bag and no issues, could've been a defect on his boat when built, either way it's an easy fix if needed..

Looks like you have a similar boat to mine. I only have 6" of height under my seats. Does the 370 lbs tube sac (specs show it as 10" high) push up the seats?
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

As far as bracing goes my thought is that you wouldn't really need it. The bottom of the cooler does not touch the floor so the cooler itself isn't giving any support. It is just suspended/hanging from the frame. At least it was that way in mine.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Pushing the seats up isn't an issue, usually people are sitting on them which pushes the excess out..

http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Pushing the seats up isn't an issue, usually people are sitting on them which pushes the excess out..

Looks like I'm buying the fly high tube sac! Cooler removal is on the mod list...looks like I'm going to busy in the off season w/ all my mods!
    Last edited by MJR63; 09-15-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV