Thread: Nav lights

Default Nav lights

Any advice on changing the bulbs in the nav lights? (Red&green on the bow).

I had broken the housing on mine, so I had to replace the entire thing. It is in multiple pieces and was not very intuitive to get apart. It may depend on what boat you have. My 2001 Outback replacement was the Attwood Quasar. The installation instructions are available on their website and will give you some insight into how to get inside to the bulbs. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasob View Post
    Any advice on changing the bulbs in the nav lights? (Red&green on the bow).
    What year boat do you have?

Mine has a tiny set screw that needs removed then the housing and lens pops off, with some force applied. Mine takes those whacked looking bulbs with pointed caps on each end like this

http://www.go2marine.com/product/161...ps-529102.html

Edit: If I remember correctly I think I had to twist it some for it to come off. Can't recall which direction, probably counter clockwise, but just guessing...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Yep, remove the set screw to take the chrome piece off and then twist the red/green lens.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Quote Originally Posted by yz 2smoke View Post
    Yep, remove the set screw to take the chrome piece off and then twist the red/green lens.
    I have 2006 Outback V

Thanks for the input, I was close but got reluctant to get too aggresive with the lens cap. Will try again and maybe apray a little oil in there to see if it will come loose.