Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Upgrading the Tow Rig

Shortly after I bought my truck I started to mess with it because I can't leave anything stock. I have a sickness and it involves messing with everything with a motor.

When I started messing with my truck I did a 2.5" leveling kit and air-bag helper springs in the rear and did a little bigger tires and different wheels. Well I noticed that since my wheels are considerably wider then stock I was flinging rocks down the side of my truck. So I added fender flares. Then I realized that the truck wasn't fast enough. Now I know it is a truck and it isn't suppsed to be fast but I used "I need more power for towing" as an excuse to buy a tuner. So here is my truck and the progress we have made so far. Not done yet.

Fuel Off-Road "Hostage" Wheels with 295/60 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Diamond fender flares, Tuff country level kit

Before

After. Recon Lighting "Super Duty" letters, smoked cab lights and mirror turn signals.

Last edited by irish-racing; 09-13-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Spartan Diesel Technoligies tuner with a 120hp tune

Firestone Ride-Rite Air helper springs

Onboard compressor

Switch and pressure guage
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

When I picked up the Moomba the other day.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Psst, you forgot to mention the pistol LOL.

Good looking truck and upgrades.

Interesting to see you went with Spartan vs H&S as thats the one the majority of Ford guys go with.

I have H&S tuner, S&B CAI, 5inch straight pipe slightly larger tires on stock rims, air bags on the rear, just haven't mounted my air compressor.

Good looking rig though man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Nice looking rig. It's tough to leave a diesel alone when you know so much power is sitting on the table!

Looks like I can count on you if a zombie outbreak happens?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Psst, you forgot to mention the pistol LOL.

Good looking truck and upgrades.

Interesting to see you went with Spartan vs H&S as thats the one the majority of Ford guys go with.

I have H&S tuner, S&B CAI, 5inch straight pipe slightly larger tires on stock rims, air bags on the rear, just haven't mounted my air compressor.

Good looking rig though man.
    Yeah I don't leave home without at least one pistol. Always prepared for Zombies. I went Spartan because I couldn't find a H&S. I am getting ready to do 5" turbo back exhaust this winter. Those bags help out a lot when I am pulling my toy hauler.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Nice looking rig. It's tough to leave a diesel alone when you know so much power is sitting on the table!

Looks like I can count on you if a zombie outbreak happens?
    Yeah it is hard to leave alone. Yes you can count on me when Zombies come.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Good choice on the Spartan as the DOT/EPA just laid heavy regulations on H&S that limits removing the CAT and DPF. I have the H&S on mine but it was just before the DOT/EPA hammered them. I have a 5" downpipe back because the downpipe is hard to get to on the 6.4l engine. Looking to do an EGR delete here soon, just know there is some work involved and haven't felt like doing in this heat yet.

If I was to do it again though I think I might pick the Spartan as this is a powerstroke only product so I think the support is a little better.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Default Re: Upgrading the Tow Rig

Good looking truck.
    ERG, DPF deletes and the H&S was the best thing I ever did to my truck. So much fun to drive.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by rbeckner27 View Post
    Good choice on the Spartan as the DOT/EPA just laid heavy regulations on H&S that limits removing the CAT and DPF. I have the H&S on mine but it was just before the DOT/EPA hammered them. I have a 5" downpipe back because the downpipe is hard to get to on the 6.4l engine. Looking to do an EGR delete here soon, just know there is some work involved and haven't felt like doing in this heat yet.

If I was to do it again though I think I might pick the Spartan as this is a powerstroke only product so I think the support is a little better.
    Yeah the support at Spartan is great. I am going to do the EGR delete and exhaust when I get a weekend free. I don't have a free weekend till late november.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Good looking truck.
    ERG, DPF deletes and the H&S was the best thing I ever did to my truck. So much fun to drive.
    Thanks. Yeah even without the DPf and EGR delete yet it's still a blast to drive. My wife steals it whenever she can. I have got up for work after her and there has been a note left on my phone saying " needed your truck. see you after work" So i started hiding the keys.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Default Re: Upgrading the Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by irish-racing View Post
    Thanks. Yeah even without the DPf and EGR delete yet it's still a blast to drive. My wife steals it whenever she can. I have got up for work after her and there has been a note left on my phone saying " needed your truck. see you after work" So i started hiding the keys.
    My wife likes driving mine but can't stand getting in and out. She's 5'3".

PWI as usual...