Thread: Mirror mount

Default Mirror mount

I have been looking for an option for mounting the mirror so that I don't have to take it on and off the windshield each time I put on the cover. My first option was to hang the mirror from the tower and I tried the model from Samson that I got from Ian but I have the same problem with it that he did -- the arm is just too short and the mirror does not hang down far enough for my liking.

I just found a link to what looks like a nice option to not only allow me to fold the mirror down without removing it each time but also looks to be 12" long which should put it a nice distance above the windshield.

http://www.cipausa.com/product/black...-bracket-02310

Does anyone have any experience with this mount? Or maybe a different mount that works better?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

That appears to be the same mount you get when u upgrade the mirror to the "extended mirror" option. I have it and just fold it down to travel and cover. Works fine.

maybe the problem is the mirror, not the arm. Is your the three view adjustable?

the 2012 mojo and v2 towers came with an upgraded adjustable ( fold down) mirror mount, not the standard non adjustable. it was only 4 to five inches above the windshield.

I love the three view Samson mirror and tower arm only problems is I have 4 xm9's in the way... LOL
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    maybe the problem is the mirror, not the arm. Is your the three view adjustable?

the 2012 mojo and v2 towers came with an upgraded adjustable ( fold down) mirror mount, not the standard non adjustable. it was only 4 to five inches above the windshield.

I love the three view Samson mirror and tower arm only problems is I have 4 xm9's in the way... LOL
    Yes, I have the three view adjustable mirror (which I absolutely love!) and I would think that the smaller mirrors would be even worse with this arm. I talked with the guys at Samson and they seemed to understand that there was an issue (maybe received other complaints?) but didn't seem all that willing to help correct the problem except to try to sell me one of their other arms as a replacement.

I have a speaker in the way as well (just one XM7) but I could learn to live with that if the mirror came down farther!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    That appears to be the same mount you get when u upgrade the mirror to the "extended mirror" option. I have it and just fold it down to travel and cover. Works fine.
    So does your sit 12" above the windshield or is the extension more like the 4-5" that Joe mentioned?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

I think my mirror sits about 12 inches above the windshield.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I think my mirror sits about 12 inches above the windshield.

That's where I wish mine was!!!

Anyway, I should have been more specific with my question because I was asking about mcdye's mount (which I believe is off his windshield) and this one is hanging off your tower. I guess the V2 tower either sits further towards the bow or the arm on yours is already longer than the arm on mine in my OBV. That could actually explain Samson's issue -- they used the same length arm for the V2 as they did for the OZ on my OBV and the OZ sits farther back.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

I wouldn't want anything mounted to the window frame with a cover on as it then becomes a wear point and after many years you will see the mark.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

gotcha!!!!!! thought they all had the same hang point

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    So does your sit 12" above the windshield or is the extension more like the 4-5" that Joe mentioned?
    I would bet this one is mine. http://www.cipausa.com/product/delux...-bracket-02330 It says the same measurements as the one you linked. I am guessing it being measured overall.

I will try and measure it this weekend..
    Last edited by mcdye; 09-13-2013 at 07:56 AM.