Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

I finally got my trailer swapped out today with the swing away tongue and put the Mondo in the garage. Thought I would post the dimensions of my garage. I have 20' 9" of length and it fit, barely. I had the factory mounted spare option and had to remove the spare in order to swing the tongue out of the way enough. I also had to take the trim plate down. Used a 4 1/2" drop to get it to fit under the 7 '2" door. But it fit!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Like a glove! Congratulations. I have an LSV and I "thought" that I had a tight fit me in my garage.
    2012 Moomba LSV

Default Is the Mondo the right boat for me?

man that is a tight fit. how long you figure to spend each time putting her away?

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    man that is a tight fit. how long you figure to spend each time putting her away?

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk 2
    I will only store it in the garage during the winter, just too much work! I will keep it under a cover behind my house during the summer when in use. I hope to build a bigger deck behind my house in a couple of years to put it under. I think they make under deck ceiling systems I hope to utilize. The garage makes a nice place to do mods during the winter but sadly I have no money because I bought a new boat!
    Mark
    2014 Mondo

I'll only do this for winter storage. During boating season I will just leave it out and put the cover on!
    Mark
    2014 Mondo

Default Is the Mondo the right boat for me?

I know the feeling. First day with boat and travel trailer at the new house. It fits!
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Dam guys, I thought my old house with the LSV was tight but i didn't have to drop the wake plate down LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

now that's a tight fit, but its a fit and for winter storage its worth it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I echo many of the stories you see on this thread; the Mondo is that perfect balance of family/surfing/wakeboarding and entertaining boat. I bought mine mid June this summer, and have 85+ hours on it already. It has been extremely reliable while transitioning from tubing for kids aged 4-42, to wakeboarding (blew out my knee) and a sweet wave for surfing which is now my go to sport.

The depth and weight of the boat is hardly noticeable, it does a great job handling and cutting through the water. I've been really impressed especially given the price point, there's very little that I'd want that I don't have. That being said, I've driven many boats (and Mondo is my favorite, albeit biased) and I agree with what other people have shared. Couple things to add:

proximity of the dealer is key... things will always need to be fixed and lugging it out of the water and getting it to the dealer becomes an all-day chore... if there's no other difference in your choices, go with proximity and you won't give up those days towing to/from. probably obvious statement

The swim platform is removable, which I'm about to try myself as I winterize in 2 weeks. I have approximately the same size garage as others, so I'm nervous to see if I can actually get it in the garage... Marman's a genius dropping the hitch down, I might have to copy that idea. Something to think about- I purposely bought the non-tandem trailer (2 wheels instead of 4). I know it's going to be a tight fit in the garage, and you can physically push and move the trailer by hand for those minor adjustments, with four wheels it's that much more difficult. If you aren't expecting to trailer a bunch, it might be a consideration and save you a grand on better options.
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"