Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    Fender to fender if guidepoles are removed - (they said they have modified this to include a quick release pin if this is needed so they can be taken off - I don't think I need this though but I guess it could be an option)
    If the quick release guide poles are an option - get em since you will be storing it in a garage.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    If the quick release guide poles are an option - get em since you will be storing it in a garage.
    Those must be standard these days because my 2013 OBV has them and I don't think I paid extra for that...
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

here is what I was told from a dealer last year when I was shopping... don't know if there's truth to it, but conincidentally my boat has a 102" beam and the trailer is exactly 102" wide from tire to tire.

the australian wakeboat market has been cranking for some years now. 102" is the widest beam that wakeboats come in(sans x80?). trailers are also made at 102" with removable guide poles as that's also the widest "vehicle" that can be loaded into a container for shipment overseas. dealers on the west coast regions have been selling a ton of boats over the last 3-5years to the aussies as their market is strong and due to the flipflop of winter/summer, it affords income thru the winter months(within the used market). I also thought it had something to do with the max. trailerable width without a permit, but I could be wrong.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

You could take your trailer to any competent welding shop and they could make them quick release. That's a good idea if they're doing it standard now.

sandm is correct, in most states the max vehicle width is 102" I believe.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Although I don't think that includes mirrors and stuff that sticks out from the vehicle, therefore maybe you could get away with the guilde poles being similar "appendages" lol. I doubt it though, I bet if somebody with that wide of a boat looks in their manual it says to remove the guide poles prior to transportation due to highway regulations, or something similar.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I had the Mondo out on a demo yesterday, we meant to go skiing but the conditions were HORRIBLE. Here is the wake at 32mph, plate is somewhere around 60% down, figured you guys would like to check it out.
    ski 2.jpg

He can probably live with that. Definitely a little better than LSV and almost comparable to the OBV.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here is a shot of the surf wake. Set up is 10.4 mph, stock ballast (center and port) full, 300lbs under the obs seat and two people in the boat. Wake plate set to 50% down. IMG_3189.jpg

You can definitely see some potential there. I think some serious nose weight is in order b/c she's looking steep even with just the minimal weight you were running. Can't wait to see some pics as folks get these dialed in. It's going to be something special.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

One final surf shot, it was CRAZY windy with rollers down the entire lake. IMG_3194.jpg