Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

We have a 3 stall garage. One double stall which is shorter and a single stall that is a bit longer. When I mentioned the width before as being an issue, I was only thinking about the 3rd single stall which is currently empty. I forgot that the Mondo will fit in all 3 stalls as it is shorter so the width won't be an issue with the double stall. Sorry, I forgot about that before I sent my last post. I was initially getting too excited about the Mojo possibility and too focused on that.

Yes I am married and I think the Mondo will just be an easier boat to deal with taking into consideration backing it into the garage and storage. I don't want a tight fit and have the kids banging into it all the time either. I am thinking that it will only be in the garage during the boating season and then will be stored elsewhere during the winter. If there seems to be a way to store it in the garage during the winter, we may do that also but we will have to see.

After taking all of these things into consideration, I think the Mojo is out of the question.

Once again, thanks everyone for all of the feedback.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    ...After taking all of these things into consideration, I think the Mojo is out of the question...
    Sounds like an excellent choice and I am sure it will provide years of fun, Most of my boats (and I have had a lot of them) were under 21', only the last four have been 21' or longer. A 20.5' Mondo sounds like a very fun machine!

Bring that thing to Nor Cal and I'll bring out my boards!! Let's GO!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

I would love to come to Nor Cal but I think that would be quite a haul from MN!
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

I would love to come to Nor Cal but I think that would be quite a haul from MN!
    But warmer! Let's see how you feel next April!!!

Good luck on your purchase and don't forget to post pics!

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Actually, if its the width that you're worried about, then that would probably be a problem with all the Moomba models because even the OBV has a beam of 96"
    This was more of my point, it's going to be pretty negligible what type of boat you get when you're talking about width now. Even if you go get a similar size I/O I bet the width including the trailer won't be much different.

Spader, I think you'll be perfectly fine with a 3 car garage...even if your boat took up your entire garage, trust me you'd be putting it in there instead of your cars. You'll just have to scrape your wife's windows.

I'd be willing to bet you could fit a Mojo in your garage. Take some measurements. If not and you want to go with the bigger boat anyway, just add on!
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

We have a 3 stall garage. One double stall which is shorter and a single stall that is a bit longer. When I mentioned the width before as being an issue, I was only thinking about the 3rd single stall which is currently empty.
    Oh yeah, I forgot you said the 2 car side was shorter...Mojo will fit diagonally in your 2 car stall! Like I said, scrape some windows in the winter.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot you said the 2 car side was shorter...Mojo will fit diagonally in your 2 car stall! Like I said, scrape some windows in the winter.

Not sure I can pull this one off but I wish!
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

I am not overly worried about the greatest width of the boat. I was more worried about the width in the back and the effect it would have on us using the door to the house.

I sent quick email to the dealer here asking them to take a few measurements. The trailer must taper somewhat along the back along with the boat. I asked for the measurement from the outside of one guide pole to the outside of the other guidepole. They said it came in at 101.5" so just under the 102" that is listed.

92.5" - Fender to fender if guidepoles are removed - (they said they have modified this to include a quick release pin if this is needed so they can be taken off - I don't think I need this though but I guess it could be an option)

Either way I am going to the dealer next Monday to hopefully finalize my options. I still don't think I could pull off having the Mojo take up 2 stalls during the winter. Now.....I think I could potentially maybe pull this off during the boating season and store the Mojo elsewhere during the winter!

I had my mind set on a Mondo due to the size and now I am questioning it again. You guys keep messing with my head!
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot you said the 2 car side was shorter...Mojo will fit diagonally in your 2 car stall!...
    And then you would have an excuse to buy (yourself), uh the family! a motorcycle to fit next to it!!

Eric.

Now.....I think I could potentially maybe pull this off during the boating season and store the Mojo elsewhere during the winter!
    That's what I do.............easier to store cars outside during the summer when there are no windows to scrape!!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...