Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    mojo

I have a 23.2" garage depth and have a 22ft boat in it with platform off and swingtongue.
    I have to admit this was my first thought after reading the posts about buying the biggest boat that I can afford and fit in storage as well as the predictions that skiing could be a thing of the past for us as well. I would definitely like to have more space for as many people as possible but if there isn't a huge difference between the Mondo and Mojo, then I probably would stick to the Mondo.

My only concern is that our door to the house from the garage sits towards the back of this longer area and it's possible we wouldn't be able to use that door depending on the width of the back of the boat. Does anyone know the width of the back of a Mojo?

I probably should just stick with the Mondo but figured I would ask.

Thanks again everyone.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Mojo beam is 99"...I would assume Mondo isn't too much different.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Mojo beam is 99"...I would assume Mondo isn't too much different.
    But the boat would also be on the trailer, so that adds another 8-12"??
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

mojo.jpg

The greatest width would not be a problem even with the trailer. I was more curious about the back of the boat (after removing the platform) which would sit by our door to the house. From the picture above it looks like the back of the boat is narrower but maybe this is negligible with the trailer.

The Mojo is probably a little too long for my garage and would be a tight fit. Wouldn't want to prevent us from entering our house through the garage!
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

the boat may narrow some at the stern, but remember that the trailer guides poles are back there.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    the boat may narrow some at the stern, but remember that the trailer guides poles are back there.
    And the guide poles need to handle the boat at its widest point, so you are probably talking at least 110-115" if the beam is 99" and maybe even more.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Yeah, the Mojo likely too big. I was looking at the dimensions on their blog. Is this width with the trailer incorrect? I believe its the same with the Mondo. If this is incorrect, I may have an issue with even the Mondo. I will have to take a look at this.

Overall Length w/o Platform: 22' 6"
    Overall Length w/ Platform: 24' 6"
    Overall Length w/ Trailer: 26' 2"
    Width (Beam): 99"
    Overall Width w/ Trailer: 102"Draft: 27.5"
    Weight - Boat only: 3,900 lbs
    Weight - Boat and Trailer: 5,100 lbs
    Capacity - Passenger: 16
    Capacity - Weight: 2,400 lbs
    Capacity - Fuel: 49 gals
    Capacity - Ballast (Standard): 1,800 lbs
    Capacity - Ballast (Optional): NA
    Engine - Electronic Fuel Injection: 330 HP, V-8
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

I have a real hard time believing that the trailer is only 3" wider than the boat......each of the guide poles are at least a couple of inches each.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Actually, if its the width that you're worried about, then that would probably be a problem with all the Moomba models because even the OBV has a beam of 96"
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    ...The Mojo is probably a little too long for my garage and would be a tight fit. Wouldn't want to prevent us from entering our house through the garage!
    I don't know what your house/garage situation is, but if that is the main man door from the house to the garage and you are worried about blocking the door, then you definitely need to get that figured out.

How far away is your Moomba dealer? What boats does he have on the floor?

See if you can measure one up and then set up some old boxes, poles or whatever else you can scrounge up to build a "Mock Up" of the area that the boat will sit.

Better yet, ask the dealer if they could bring a boat over to your house if you are seriously going to be purchasing a boat at the end of the season. Boat shop owners tend to go way out of their way compared to something like auto sales. Cant hurt to ask. The worst thing they can say is "No". Got any local buddies with boats? Doesn't have to be a Moomba, just use someone else's as a reference.

Remember, you will need to back that thing in there after long and tiring weekends (with the family jetting into and disappearing into the house!) and the boat will be a foot or so off the side wall, which is tight. Any other cars in the garage? How often will the boat be in the garage, just for winter? Or every night?

When your boat is brand new, you might not mind crawling around it to get into the garage, but if you are married, it will get old (quickly) when it's not boating season if it is in the way.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.