Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate it!

I definately like the look of the new Mondo much better and am coming to the conclusion that lots of skiing may go to the wayside and we will be doing all of the other activities more. I am fine with that.

I tend to overthink big decisions like this but I think the Mondo is the way to go for me.
    Last edited by spader; 09-11-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Well, it is a pretty big decision, so it's understood! You won't regret your choice, either way you go. Again, I think everybody's consensus is Mondo!

When I was looking for my "new" boat (just wanted to upgrade from my Launch DD to a V-drive), I didn't even really consider Moomba. I was looking pretty much only at Supras and Nautiques, since I have spent a lot of time behind each. Never really a fan of Malibu, and MC seems overpriced and overrated IMO (although I did look at a couple). All I really knew about Moomba was relatively negative stereotype kind of stuff. When I started actually doing research, it seemed like Moomba was a very viable option. It was kind of like I just had to make myself do it and overcome my concerns, basically take the plunge. Couldn't be happier since that first morning I brought it home and took my first wakeboard run.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Ironically, here's me 3 months ago...literally scared to change boats. I made other members on this forum convince me it would be okay lol!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-05-Mobius-LSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    ...I could be wrong here but I have my doubts that you will be mainly skiing for a while. Where the watersports industry is right now ... best of luck trying to talk your kids out of a wakeboard and/or surfboard!!!
    I agree with KG, I grew up skiing and back in '03 went to my local watersports dealership to get new bindings for my old HO Mach 1, I had to buy a new ski as mine was too old (like myself) for new bindings. My kids were young then and I knew that a lot of kids wakeboarded. Well, I ended up walking out of that store with a new ski, two new wakeboards and a new 21' Team Edition Natique.

I grew up skiing the local Nor Cal Delta and I don't think that I have used that ski since the first season. All we do is board and now surf.

I would find it hard to believe that if this is your first boat, that you wouldn't get hooked on boarding and surfing as I figure if you were a hard core skier, you would have already owned a few boats as you would probably be over fifty years old...

i.e. get the biggest damn boat you can afford and can fit in your storage and start adding kids, kid's friends, ballast, stereo equipment and enjoy the memories!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    get the biggest damn boat you can afford and can fit in your storage and start adding kids, kid's friends, ballast, stereo equipment and enjoy the memories!
    Best advice I have ever heard.....I need to write that down
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I would find it hard to believe that if this is your first boat, that you wouldn't get hooked on boarding and surfing as I figure if you were a hard core skier, you would have already owned a few boats as you would probably be over fifty years old...
    I am not a hard core skiier and I am not over 50 so yes you are probably predicting my future and I accept that. That's why I asked what I asked as I figured you guys have already been through this!

i.e. get the biggest damn boat you can afford and can fit in your storage and start adding kids, kid's friends, ballast, stereo equipment and enjoy the memories!
    Couldn't agree more.

Thanks everyone for the input. This is what I was looking for.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Another benefit is the freaking amazing support that you will find on this forum. A few years ago I purchased an old '02 Moomba Mobius as an interim boat and fell in love with it. I had a lot of questions and there is a lot of real information available on this site. Guys have fixed, tweaked or added just about anything you can think off from brand new boats like you are looking at (multiple) to guys with old boats: Check out Berg's rebuild (amazing) or 98moomba's rebuild (Unbelievable!)

I decked mine out with a new stereo, bimini, custom Evolution cover, ballast, perfect pass, SeaDeck and more (I call it the "Zipper Effect). I found another boat that I couldn't pass on (shhhh, I don't want to get kicked off this site!!) but still love the wake that Moomba puts out. It will be hard to sell.

Get the Moomba minus ballast and stereo, troll the Moomba forums, call MLA or WakeMakers, Acme and either Wetsounds, Exile or Kenwood, buy a used surfboard (there are many), a couple of wakeboards with closed toe boots (2010 or newer) and just plan on having a BLAST next season -- Unless you live in Florida???

Good luck and enjoy the p!$$ out of it!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Uh oh. I just measured the depth of my garage and it is 23'3".
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    That's standard. A 20' boat with a swing tongue will fit fine. You'll have to take the rear deck off though, but that's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    mojo

I have a 23.2" garage depth and have a 22ft boat in it with platform off and swingtongue.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten