Default LED Lightbulbs: Looking for some info (not strip lights for boat)

Hi!

I am looking to replace my outside lightbulbs that are incandescent to something much brighter and energy efficient. I was perusing HD last night and did a little looking, talked to one of the associates about my needs and such, and wanted to see if you folks had a lead on an online spot I can purchase LED lightbulbs for a much more reasonable cost than what HD or Lowes is selling them for? (or am I naive in thinking that LED lightbulbs will be had for cheaper elsewhere?) Some of the bulbs were upwards of $35 for one!

I just know that a bunch of you are working with LED strips and small bulbs for your boats and such so I thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe you've done this and can share some insight (what you bought, where you bought them, how they are working out, have you seen you're energy costs going down)?

I have daylight sensors on my outside lights also, so any replacements I get will have to work with them.

Or should I just go with the curly Q bulbs and save myself some money upfront but have a little better efficiency and a brighter output?

100 Watt MAX
    Type A Bulbs

Thanks!

Justin
    Last edited by Cigars n scotch; 11-06-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

The outdoor lights I have are still the standard bulbs as I haven't found a bright LED bulb to be equivelent to a 100 watt bulb. The CFLs has to have time to warm up when they are cold so instant brilliance doesn't happen.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Hmm not what I was expecting to hear.

Something like this wouldn't work? http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/929...l#BVRRWidgetID
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Costco has those for $10 for a three pack but they don't put out the light that I need outdoors. I keep checking there as the bulbs are starting to get higher brilliance. So maybe sometime soon the 100 watt equivilent LED at a decent price will be available. Another area that is deficient is LED with the small base that would look good. I have a dining room light and foyer that uses those. I don't use them often so it's not a big deal but the ones on the outside are on motion sensors and operate all the time especially this time of year.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD