Thread: Triple X boards

Default Triple X boards

I've been perusing for a new board lately, finally uprading after 7 years on my CWB Ride. I honestly felt it was holding me back, as I've mentioned in other posts before. It's a great board to learn on and I can still spin it okay, just seems bulky and long.

I ran across a thread about Triple X boards on another forum, and I've never even heard of them. I started googling it and found their website, as well as their listings on ebay (direct from Triple X). After reading some good comments about them, I decided why not if I could get a good deal on one. I submitted a "best offer" on ebay for one and negotiated what I think is a really great price for a board of this type.

Got it in two days ago. Great packaging, and they aren't even trying to hide that it's made in China lol. Once I unwrapped it all, it's really a very attractive board. Nice bamboo look and minimal graphics. Plus orange trim to match the boat!

Rode it yesterday. I don't have much to compare it to since I haven't ridden any other board in a few years other than my ride, but from what I remember from the couple of LF boards I rode in the past I wasn't too crazy about them...then again, I wasn't nearly as good back then as I am now so maybe I just couldn't tell much of a difference.

This board felt so light and quick, spun easily, popped off the wake well on airs, and was pretty fast. I got the Comp X 58" because I'm 220lbs, and it's for 190lbs and up. I only got to ride for about 20 minutes because the kids had to get back in to go to bed, but I think it was an excellent purchase!

So if you think you're being held back by your beginner/intermediate board (and you're no longer a beginner), then you probably are! Also, if you're looking for a very reasonably priced "higher end" board, I would suggest checking these guys out. I'd like to try some other "higher end" boards to compare, but unfortunately I don't know a whole lot of other wakesurfers around me to try their boards! Triple X is out of Florida, and I assume import everything from China and sell direct. They have a few models, as well as other board sports. Too bad I just bought SUPs last weekend for the wife and I, or else I may have tried theirs!

FB_IMG_13783378939592634.jpgFB_IMG_13783379175244838.jpg
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I too have the XXX boards, started with the Ride, then Broadcast's, then a prototype Lakewakes board. very happy with XXX, especially for the price. This budget board far exceedes my ability's.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ahh dude that's awesome, I didn't realize you had them! Which ones do you have?

I picked up the xxx slayer pro x this year... I have been really happy with it...
    2008 LSV 1100s 650IBS Reversible Pumps w\Timers

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Ahh dude that's awesome, I didn't realize you had them! Which ones do you have?
    my board is the "the johnson Blue" bamboo nitro X
    dont see my daughters board on the website anymore, its a little smaller 3 color board. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ius-LSV/page12 Post #114 has a photo of both boards
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    my board is the "the johnson Blue" bamboo nitro X
    dont see my daughters board on the website anymore, its a little smaller 3 color board. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ius-LSV/page12 Post #114 has a photo of both boards
    That's cool! Glad to see other people using these boards, I was concerned since I had never really heard of them before! Seems like a great value, more impressed with my board the more I ride it. Almost spins too fast lol!

Default Triple X boards

I have been looking at them online. Have thought about going to the store since I am in Jacksonville Florida.

I have ridden a couple of times with Nick, the owner of Brigade boards that started out as a triple xxx sponsored rider in Boise. got to ride a few prototype boards from them and they def. produce a solid board at a good pricepoint. he had a carbon skim board that was by far the boat's favorite. wouldn't part with it tho
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten