Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Projected Last Day on the Water

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I thought that was called black friday and the one before Easter was good friday?
    Oops. Mistyped that one. Yes. Black fri was last day and was back well before good fri !
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Glad things are nice in the carolinas, it sucks down here in Texas. All the lakes dry up towards the end of every summer and reveal scores of dead bodies, everyone is jerk and no one can drive. It's way to hot and the air smells like either cow poop or sulfur from the oil fields that constantly pollute. The roads are falling apart, pot holes everywhere and you have to know spanish if you want to go out to eat. Texas sucks, no move here, ever.
    Hmm do I sense a bit of sarcasm?
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    No place in my calendar for an "off season" this year. I plan to be a year round guy now.
    Real nice Russ, real nice... Remind me to punch you next time I see you.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Hopeing to hit a week maybe two in October, which will be in wetsuits and or possibly Dry suits. This season has been a really tuff boating year. Weather, commitments and Now an Algae Bloom that is affecting numerous lakes all over Alberta has many lakes closed to swimming and boating.
    Still holding out hope to get a couple more weekends out but it has been hard. Still hate to think about winterizing,after just getting back from Florida a couple weeks ago (learning to ski properly). I want to get a little more practice in before all is forgotten.
    Last edited by Mikey; 09-08-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hopeing to hit a week maybe two in October, which will be in wetsuits and or possibly Dry suits. This season has been a really tuff boating year. Weather, commitments and Now an Algae Bloom that is affecting numerous lakes all over Alberta has many lakes closed to swimming and boating.
    Still holding out hope to get a couple more weekends out but it has been hard. Still hate to think about winterizing,after just getting back from Florida a couple weeks ago (learning to ski properly). I want to get a little more practice in before all is forgotten.
    I thought all the lake in Alberta were filled with toxic goo from the tar sands mining???

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

In Denver, CO. our last day is thanksgiving regardless of the weather. Unless we get a nice day before 12/1, when they close the local lakes to all watercraft. The water is usually in the low 40, but there has been ice on he to break for the ride.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

LOL ice to break, reminds me that a local marina does a Christmas ski run every year and they have broken the ice before to do it.

You guys that stay riding late, do you do anything to your boats to keep stuff from freezing overnight? My old boat I couldn't let the water sit in the tubes for the venturi type speedo pickups because water would freeze and break the tubes inside the sending unit. I think the newer boats run off a different system, so maybe that's not an issue anymore (with the paddlewheel style). I'd think I could put antifreeze in the system each time I use it before putting it away, but then won't I be dumping antifreeze into the lake when I run? Curious on what others do when riding late in the season with freezing temps overnight.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Re: Surf Expo

Congrats on the house cns. Maybe we can meet up here soon. Where'd you find the house at? Oh..as far as last day...Halloween costume ride is a must so not before that for sure. Most likely well into November.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Sept 22 - Vancouver, WA
    (busy the following weekend and October is getting into Winterize Mode)

Dependent upon: Weather, My busted up elbow, Willing Victims, Commitments Wife has made without my knowing...

63 degrees and raining here but supposed to be in 80's next week.
    I might be a willing victim. I live in Vancouver as well (Salmon Creek) and get off work at 4pm typically. Have a buddy that's a polar bear with more passion than money, so if he can surf he'll pretty much brave any water/air temps.

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Depends on when my boat sales. oo I guess it would help if I put it up for sell first. I should be doing that next weekend. Now with that said I try to say out to mid Nov depending on when it gets to the mid 30's at night and when ski season really starts. Keeping the boat out and doing ski patrol takes more time then I have so boating stops when I start patrolling.
    I hear ya. Once ski/snowboard season starts for us, we'll just hit up the mountain every weekend until the season's over. Of course, I still have to do the Board/Board day where I snowboard and wakeboard in the same day. ALMOST did it last year in April but the water was 53 degrees and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm a wimp!

Plus, I'm not a fan of drying off all the dew off my boat in the morning. UGH. What a pain. Yeah, I don't have covered storage for my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Henri3 View Post
    Sadly I think we have already had our last day School and sports leaves no time
    I've noticed that a LOT of people have that mindset. There were a crap-ton of people out on the river on Sunday and I think it was everyone trying to get "one last weekend" before other sports took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    No place in my calendar for an "off season" this year. I plan to be a year round guy now.
    Where did you move to again? Certainly somewhere warmer than the Pacific NorthWET!

I'm honestly not sure when I'll throw in the towel. It will certainly be when ski season starts, though I might make myself available to ride on other boats of people more passionate than me. I do have a farmer john with a jacket, but even then, I'm a cold water wimp... It's hard for me to do water temps below 55.

Some of it also might depend on what kind of solution I come up with for winter "storage".
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Heck mine may have been the 1st week of august, damn house move gets in the way....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold