Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter Storage

Well, after some research I ended up going with a Rhino Shelter round shaped garage 14'W x 24'L x 10'H. They had them on sale at the Eastern States Exposition fair. I got a great deal! I talked to a few guys that have them in Maine and they said they lasted upwards of 10 years.

I priced out a similar metal unit at carport.com and it was over $3,000 w/me doing the install. Too pricy for me. That was not even including the double garage doors that I got on this one and the perminate anchors!

http://www.rhinoshelters.com/instant...oat-round.html

The shelter is made using rugged and long-lasting industrial grade 10oz. fabric and is available in two distinct colours. The entire cover, including doors, are constructed with a CPAI-84 rated Poly with woven backing, which is UV resistant and fire retardant. The outer and inner layers sandwich a special layer in between called Inner Black Scrim. This layer has a coating that prevents any sunlight from infiltrating the material. All the components for the frame are manufactured using galvanized steel.

Ratchet straps come standard with Rhino Shelters. The shelter cover never loosens or sags, thanks to the strong webbing material used in the ratchet strap. The tight fit allows the ratchet straps to withstand much higher snow loads than ordinary rope. Every door contains a pouch to accommodate a pole and grommets. Cable earth anchors and 36" drive rod come with the package.

Exclusive Round Boat Features:

Heavy Duty Galvanized Finish on All Steel Frame Components for Maximum Strength & Long Life
    10oz., CPAI-84 Polyethylene Fabric Backed Cover and Doors
    All Pre-Drilled, Easy Bolt Together Assembly
    Ratchet Straps for a Drum Tight Fit
    Wind Brace Support on Both Sides
    Two (2) Double Zipper Doors with Bottom Pockets
    One (1) complete Roll-up Door Kit
    Protective Plastic Tube End Caps - All Open Ends
    Standard Thread Plated Hardware Kit with Retaining Nuts & Protective SS Washers
    Quick Assembly Wrench included
    Heavy Duty Poly Rope for Main Cover Tie Down
    Heavy Duty Grommets on Cover & Doors
    Eight ( permanent anchors included
    Average Installation Time: 3 Hours
    350 lbs. Shipped in 2 boxes
    Last edited by MJR63; 09-09-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

Quote Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
    Well, after some research I ended up going with a Rhino Shelter round shaped garage 14'W x 24'L x 10'H. They had them on sale at the Eastern States Exposition fair. I got a great deal! I talked to a few guys that have them in Maine and they said they lasted upwards of 10 years.

I priced out a similar metal unit at carport.com and it was over $3,000 w/me doing the install. Too pricy for me. That was not even including the double garage doors that I got on this one and the perminate anchors!

http://www.rhinoshelters.com/instant...oat-round.html

The shelter is made using rugged and long-lasting industrial grade 10oz. fabric and is available in two distinct colours. The entire cover, including doors, are constructed with a CPAI-84 rated Poly with woven backing, which is UV resistant and fire retardant. The outer and inner layers sandwich a special layer in between called Inner Black Scrim. This layer has a coating that prevents any sunlight from infiltrating the material. All the components for the frame are manufactured using galvanized steel.

Ratchet straps come standard with Rhino Shelters. The shelter cover never loosens or sags, thanks to the strong webbing material used in the ratchet strap. The tight fit allows the ratchet straps to withstand much higher snow loads than ordinary rope. Every door contains a pouch to accommodate a pole and grommets. Cable earth anchors and 36" drive rod come with the package.

Exclusive Round Boat Features:

Heavy Duty Galvanized Finish on All Steel Frame Components for Maximum Strength & Long Life
    10oz., CPAI-84 Polyethylene Fabric Backed Cover and Doors
    All Pre-Drilled, Easy Bolt Together Assembly
    Ratchet Straps for a Drum Tight Fit
    Wind Brace Support on Both Sides
    Two (2) Double Zipper Doors with Bottom Pockets
    One (1) complete Roll-up Door Kit
    Protective Plastic Tube End Caps - All Open Ends
    Standard Thread Plated Hardware Kit with Retaining Nuts & Protective SS Washers
    Quick Assembly Wrench included
    Heavy Duty Poly Rope for Main Cover Tie Down
    Heavy Duty Grommets on Cover & Doors
    Eight ( permanent anchors included
    Average Installation Time: 3 Hours
    350 lbs. Shipped in 2 boxes
    At $1,320 shipped, that's pretty steep. (I'm sure you got a better deal though.) But awesome to know more options. For that much cash, I'll keep leaning towards a metal one...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    At $1,320 shipped, that's pretty steep. (I'm sure you got a better deal though.) But awesome to know more options. For that much cash, I'll keep leaning towards a metal one...
    I got mine for $799 but I'm picking it up in CT at the warehouse..... I think will honor the Big E fair pricing all week....
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

Last year I went to Ocean State Job Lot and bought a slightly oversized non custom cover. I then built a frame of 2x4 lumber that created a very steep pitch with the cover and just snow raked the snow off the cover the couple of times we got really big snow. The verticals on the support frame are about 4' tall. This worked out perfect for me, better than the dealer I used to store my Outback. The last year they had it they chipped the swim platform and when I picked it up there was a wicket ant nest in it. Tilex kills ants instantly by the way.