Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Surf Tabs :)

On my Outback, I would only do the automatic ones if it becomes a ski only boat.

Does MC still do the surf tabs? My buddy had them and he wasn't overly impressed with them.

I am used to them on offshore boats and they can be aggravating in the rough water.

There are a few guys on WW that have been building their on "surfgate" systems. One recently on a MB.

Im converting my wakeplate to a Lenco electric wakeplate. Since I will need two actuators and a slightly longer wakeplate, Im going to split the plate. Although wont have the same leverage as outboard tabs, there is not enough room to mount outboard. Besides, the distance from the edge of the wake plate to the edge of the boat is not great, as least compared to boats that need trim tabs. Winter project. Will take pics and let you know next spring if it works!
    Goode Nano Mid Ride and Powershell 5 Boots
    HO A-1
    Ronix Parks Bonifay and Hyperlite Bindings
    Liquid Force Watson and Watson Bindings
    Liquid Force 5.0 Surf

Here's mine...

Quote Originally Posted by 96Comp View Post
    Im converting my wakeplate to a Lenco electric wakeplate. Since I will need two actuators and a slightly longer wakeplate, Im going to split the plate. Although wont have the same leverage as outboard tabs, there is not enough room to mount outboard. Besides, the distance from the edge of the wake plate to the edge of the boat is not great, as least compared to boats that need trim tabs. Winter project. Will take pics and let you know next spring if it works!

Not sure why you would want to split your wake plate. Looks like all the new Moomba's run a single Lenco actuator with a similar sized tab like the Bennett. Check into it.
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    Here's mine...

Interesting surf gate.... Looks like it works pretty good! Do you have any pis of the unit on the trailer?
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

I made this to answer some questions for someone.

if your interested I can send you some more pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
    Not sure why you would want to split your wake plate. Looks like all the new Moomba's run a single Lenco actuator with a similar sized tab like the Bennett. Check into it.
    I'm using two acuators because they will go in the same location as the manual adjusters. I have each one on the sides of middle swim platform bracket. I could remove the swim platform bracket and use one actuator, but that would actually take more work. Hull is prepped for two, so trying mod that will both help me change the wakeplate on the fly and maybe it will even help balance the boat.
    Goode Nano Mid Ride and Powershell 5 Boots
    HO A-1
    Ronix Parks Bonifay and Hyperlite Bindings
    Liquid Force Watson and Watson Bindings
    Liquid Force 5.0 Surf

Look what just showed up from UPS....

image.jpg
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    Here's mine...

So briefly, what are your thoughts on running the tab/gate now compared to just loaded up and leaning?

Length, height, cleaner, push, etc.
    ?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Forgive my ignorance but do you deploy the plate on the non surf side.