Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Surf Tabs :)

MJR63 do you have any updates of how the trim tab worked on your boat, PLEASE show us

Anyone ever set up trim tabs on their boat for surfing? I am really interested to see how this went.

I am suppose to go out behind an mastercraft x10 that has tabs today. I plan on taking pics and trying to convert something over to my 21v this winter.
    2007 supra 21v

Take a look at MB's new surf tabs on their 2015's. It is a complete system that just bolts on. It is a copy of Supra's SWELL in a smaller package.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Just took a look at it, it looks awesome. I am still wishing that I knew if regular tabs would work

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Just took a look at it, it looks awesome. I am still wishing that I knew if regular tabs would work

I think someone on here did regular tabs...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I went and Surfed behind an x10 this last weekend and and I was impressed with the wake. Here is a pic of the tab they are using. the back edge is bent down

I am thinking of trying the Lenco 12"x9" tabs. 12" long 9" wide and the indicator tactile switch kit so I know where each tab is like what the guy had shown in the first part of the thread. I would power this switch with an extra rocker switch on my panel (when the controller loses power it automatic bring the tabs to the full up position.
    I was thinking I would try them stock out of the box if that was not good enough I would try and re-shape them later.

Since our season is pretty much over I was going to wait till black Friday or cyber Monday to try and order them. maybe get a little better deal on them.

Mastercraft is using Lenco tabs so I thought about calling Lenco saying I messed my tabs up on my x10 and see they would sell me them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 supra 21v

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Nice install! Waiting for results.....

Curious if you could use these to balance your wakeboard wake some vs shuffling people or filling/draining ballast. Take away some of that weight sensitivity that David Langston has talked about.

Yews my buddies X45 use's these tabs to clean the lip of the boarding wake, side to side so its always clean. certainly helps the surf wave but because the boat is so big it still need leaned weight.

Love to see those pics and video of the tab Moomba install.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I agree, using the trim tabs is the route I've been looking into. I believe there is a module that retracts or adjust the tabs based on speed. Something like that may work. The effort that has been done to design the removable system is great. A lot of thought has been put into that. For me I want something more permanent.
    2010 LSV

I would like to also see the standard old trim tabs in action, I think the Mastercraft tabs are cool but I'm sure they spent a long time trying to figure out the exact shape they needed to make the wake just perfect. I dont have any brakes or shears to be able to cut metal like that and bend it.

I have been looking at the NEW MB Switch and the Supra swell and honestly think that is the best option. There is absolutley NO reason why you couldn't use the lenco switch with led indicators to control those manually. The excuse that the swell system wont work on a Moomba because it ties into the integrated display is ridiculous, those are just lenco electric actuators.

I think the Swell design would offer two benefits, 1. it would allow you to switch sides without switching ballast. 2. you would be able to trim the back of the boat for uneven weight (people and gear).

I cant tell you how many times I have to mess around with moving water and people just to get a clean wakeboard wake, total pain in the rear. A trim tab / wakesurf fin would be the exact solution