Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Surf Tabs :)

Yes it is mounted to thae swim platform bracket.

Flexing and stress over time is a big concern these models are prone to cracking the gel coat just from the stress of people on the platform.
    Overall the mount is 22 1/2" long by 3 1/2" wide and 1/4" thick with a triangle support that goes around the platform support.
    With a backer on the inside for added support that is a bit longer and wider(don't know the exact dimensions)

We have tested it up to 15mph wile deployed with no flexing what so ever. Much above that and it is no longer in the water.

The next step is to ad actuators for us as well to be able to swap sides on the fly would be great.
    2000 Möbius V
    Indmar assault 5.7mpi
    Perfect pass stargazer wake
    Oj 445 will be replaced soon
    1100#on each side of the eng ,800 in ski locker
    almost enough

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    And no rear ballast?
    No list/lean? Hard to tell.

I'm intrigued to say the least. Our hulls are so rounded and shallow in the back that not many of the surf enhancement "add-ons" have seemed like it would be worth the hassle due to the fit and limited mounting issues.
    I would have to disagree with your statement. I was able to drop almost 2000lbs with mine and no lean.... now I would have to partially agree with the hassle part but with anything there is a rate of return for any work. My rate of return is excellent. I'm in Mason County. If you in the area come on up!
    Last edited by cornrickey; 08-01-2014 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Removed "fully disagree" since I guess I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    I would have to disagree with your statement. I was able to drop almost 2000lbs with mine and no lean.... now I would have to partially agree with the hassle part but with anything there is a rate of return for any work. My rate of return is excellent. I'm in Mason County. If you in the area come on up!
    Greg is down by me in Vancouver. Hopefully he'll have a chance to witness my NSS style system. We tend to ride fairly close to each other on the river. We definitely use the same boat launch.

I think he just needs a little nudge.

Although if someone is used to the heavily listed/heavily weighted wave, it's possible that they aren't willing to give up that little bit extra that they've gotten used to from the whole bunch of extra weight needed to realize that gain.

For you and I, I think we're both willing to accept a minor tradeoff for a huge increase in overall amount of user friendliness of the boat.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Disagree with which part ? LOL the 'not' worth it?

I'd still like to try something for the delayed convergence but I'm not willing to turn my transom into swiss cheese experimenting. Tie-ing into the platform brackets would be great, however I do already have the spider cracks 86century mentioned.

I've watched your surfgate vids both here and on the Supra forum thread. Guess I'd like to see it before I commit to anything.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Would love to see more detailed or closeup shots of these attachment points of your setup.

I'd still like to try something for the delayed convergence but I'm not willing to turn my transom into swiss cheese experimenting.
    Well, someone's gotta have the stones to go all in and make the leap! What pushed me over the edge was a guy with a Malibu that turned my vision for an NSS retrofit into a reality. I had a TON of naysayers, but I love my system and would never go back.

And mine got a LOT of swiss cheese!!! I think like 9 holes per side. Even more holes lately when you factor in transom lights!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Would love to see more detailed or closeup shots of these attachment points of your setup.

I'm not sure if you are asking this of me but those aren't mine in your picture. This video shows them in detail. I made it for a guy who was interested in then a while back. I have changed the latch much for the flap and how if locks when retracted
    http://Wake Gate Detail: <a href="ht...Z1n6Ih8W0o</a>

Not a problem. The mount is really crude.

I fabbed it up from some scrap steel a barn door hinge and a turn buckle from tractor supply.
    2000 Möbius V
    Indmar assault 5.7mpi
    Perfect pass stargazer wake
    Oj 445 will be replaced soon
    1100#on each side of the eng ,800 in ski locker
    almost enough

That was directed at 86Century-

I'd want to keep it simple and figure out a quick release pin or something to remove the gate vs just folding it in. I've drawn it up a few times but that's as far as it's gone. I dream up a lot of mods that never make it off paper; dual T-1200 fills per bag, LED rub rails, all kinds of crap.

I can't seem to figure out a faster method than a synch strap. Takes about 30 seconds