Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This has to be a scam. Right??

Hi
    I saw an add for a 06 Supra 20ssv with 180 hours for $9785. The story is that it was a trade in and the company is just asking for what they have in it. Sounds way to good to be true. But it sounds different than other scams I have seen - they say I can pick the boat up - usually they want to ship it after a money transfer of some kind. I don't know though who exactly is selling it is going through mgXcept Consignors. Has anyone heard of them? If they aren't the scammers (so far they look Ok - I wonder if someone is scamming them?
    Thanks for your time.

Looks like a scam. I just did a quick search and see the same boat in a bunch of different states for sale (Colorado, Jersey, AZ, Portland, Memphis)... Same boat, same story, different state... If you can go and see it and pay for it then, it's definitely a good deal, but it smells and looks more than a little funny...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Yes does seem way to good to be true. Looked into the company and found people who say they have used them with no problems. Last I asked though was exactly where is the boat so I could look at it. Haven't heard back. Don't expect to. Oh well.
    Thanks for your time

It's most definitely, positively, 100% a scam.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

That's when you usually get the story that you can't view it (someone died and they are selling for them), but if you pay in advance they'll ship it to you from Google warehouse and allow you to return it for a full refund if you don't like it... ) Good luck!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Reporting requirements are stricter above $10K. They are smart enough to learn money laundering laws but it won't keep them from getting busted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_Secrecy_Act
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

So do u think its the consignment company that is crooked or could they be unaware? If they are scammers they put a lot of effort into it.

This was there last email. Am still asking if I can pick up.

The boat is stored in one of our warehouses in Charleston, WV ....All shipping fees are included in the sale price and for this reason our vehicles are listed on many states...

You will have 10 day return policy and 10 days for inspection before payment. If something won't be like you expected to be you can return the boat without any expense .

All you have to do is to hit the " CLICK HERE to get started " button from INVENTORY - stock # .....and the boat will be delivered to your address. Shipping and Return are free of charge for buyers. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time.

Thank you!
    ---
    Andrew Horton
    Sales Department
    mgXcept Consignors
    http://mgxceptconsignors.com
    Last edited by Frznrth; 09-04-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frznrth View Post
    So do u think its the consignment company that is crooked or could they be unaware? If they are scammers they put a lot of effort into it.

This was there last email. Am still asking if I can pick up.

The boat is stored in one of our warehouses in Charleston, WV ....All shipping fees are included in the sale price and for this reason our vehicles are listed on many states...

You will have 10 day return policy and 10 days for inspection before payment. If something won't be like you expected to be you can return the boat without any expense .

All you have to do is to hit the " CLICK HERE to get started " button from INVENTORY - stock # .....and the boat will be delivered to your address. Shipping and Return are free of charge for buyers. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time.

Thank you!
    ---
    Andrew Horton
    Sales Department
    mgXcept Consignors
    http://mgxceptconsignors.com
    The consignment company is the scammer. There is no boat. They probably just stole the pics from the internet. I guarantee you, at some point they will ask you to send them payment via Western Union and THEN they will tell you they will ship the boat to you but they won't. I mean honestly, who in their right mind would pay to ship a boat and pay to ship it back if the buyer doesn't like it? Just for fun, tell them you are in Charleston and would like to come down and see the boat. I guarantee you will never hear from them again.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I asked if I could see the boat first - they said "Yes" - but they would need to check if it was still for sale and then set up an appointment. I responded that my friend has an uncle who is a cop in Charlston and that he would be able to do the inspection any time this week or next as he is on holidays. Hmm - haven't heard back from them - isn't that strange. Bastards - hope they all go to jail or rot in hell - or both!

Default Re: This has to be a scam. Right??

Lots of scams out there. I won an eBay action on a ls that was 150 miles from me. I offered to bring the check and pick the boat up. Liars said it was at a storage unit and they would ship it. I bailed and that was a good thing because I found my lsv.

Stay awesome!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"