Default oil consumption with 2013 Indmar

I have a 2013 LSV with the 330 hp Indmar engine with 92 hours on it. It is consuming about a quart of oil every 40 hours. Oil was changed at 18 hours, so there is almost 80 hours on the current oil. The boat is used heavily for surfing, and some wakeboarding so lot's of weight in the boat with balast and people. Is anyone experiencing this rate of oil consumption? I saw the thread from Indmar, but wondered if this is normal for all engines under these operating conditions. Break in periond was followed closely as recommended this spring. Usage seems less when just cruising/skiing.
    ADM

2018 Craz

I also have a 2013 LSV withe the same engine and 3 hours more on the boat. I also am seeing about 1 quart usage in the same time frame! I was going to take it to our dealer and ask the same question...

I called my dealer and they said that the consumption is normal for this type of heavy loaded use. It is much more than my previous boats, but seems consistent with the Indmar post. Surfing adds a load to the engine with all the weight and low engine RPM's. Great boat though.
    ADM

2018 Craz

Default oil consumption with 2013 Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    I called my dealer and they said that the consumption is normal for this type of heavy loaded use. It is much more than my previous boats, but seems consistent with the Indmar post. Surfing adds a load to the engine with all the weight and low engine RPM's. Great boat though.
    Yeah I was gonna say the same thing, few things are hard on the motor than surfing and it will burn the oil up. Also you may want to stick a little closer to the 50 hr change interval if you are running under a load that heavy

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Thats pretty normal, Idmar says the boat <all boats> can consume up to a quart every 50 hours and this is one reason they say change at 50.

I have the 350 Surf engine and i don't see quite that much oil consumption but my engine is designed a lot different then the 330, and i have a 7 quart oil pan too.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

if you plan to mostly surf, you need to strongly consider the 345hp motor upgrade.

and, this is at the top of the Service & Repair section:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....HANGE-YOUR-OIL

I've gone to oil changes at the 30, 60 & 100 hrs marks.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 09-04-2013 at 12:02 PM.