Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 11' LSV wake surf ballast set up

Well over Labor Day weekend we finally started to learn how to surf. We went out and it was only Myself, my wife, 3yr old son and a friend of ours. We discovered one thing was we NEED more weight. So what is the best set up you guys have found with the LSV? I have the factory installed Gravity III. So what do i need to start shopping for??

Jeromy
    11' Mobius LSV
    " Yes I am a pirate 200yrs too late"

Give wakemakers a call. At minimum you want a 750 on the surf side in the rear locker. An 1100 would be better. You can consider an IBS too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have an '11 LSV and I first got 750s and that was OK but this year I added 1100s and an IBS and we have a great big and long wave. I have an IBS, stock bag in the floor (370/400 - Fly High Tube sac), I have the same bag under the seats where the cooler used to be. I cut that out as many others have as well. The cooler is useless anyway. Then we have 1100 in the rear. I have the same setup for the goofy side as well. All bags (6) are hidden and all run off the factory 3 pumps with the factory switches. I ran a Boswell valve off each pump so each pump fills two bags. All of my parts were purchased from Wakemakers.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I have an '11 LSV with 1100s in the rear, stock bag in the locker and an IBS that fills from the locker bag. I like the wave a lot. I have a couple of 350 Fly High bags I can move around depending on how many people are in the boat. Really I don't use them unless there are 3 or fewer people on the boat.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I have an '11 LSV with 1100s in the rear, stock bag in the locker and an IBS that fills from the locker bag. I like the wave a lot. I have a couple of 350 Fly High bags I can move around depending on how many people are in the boat. Really I don't use them unless there are 3 or fewer people on the boat.
    ^This. Get the 1100s and an IBS and be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAGE View Post
    Well over Labor Day weekend we finally started to learn how to surf. We went out and it was only Myself, my wife, 3yr old son and a friend of ours. We discovered one thing was we NEED more weight. So what is the best set up you guys have found with the LSV? I have the factory installed Gravity III. So what do i need to start shopping for??

Jeromy
    Hey Jeremy,

As you can see, most guys here run an 1100 and an IBS. I just run a 750 (and the stock 400 ski locker bag) and have no trouble going ropeless. It depends on how much you weigh and what board you are using and your skill level. If I was hardcore into wakesurfing, I would probably do the same as some of the others here but I am not (I prefer to wakeboard). So for my purposes, the 750 works just fine. You will probably also need a little longer fill hose.

Here are pics of the wave on both sides of my boat with just a 750 and 400.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by JPAGE View Post
    . So what do i need to start shopping for??

Jeromy
    ibs and 1100, nice and simple with a good solid rideable wave
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

THANKS guys!! I will for sure order the 1100lb bags for the rear lockers. What is this IBS kit you speak of? I read about folks cutting out cooler to fit it? I agree that the cooler is useless for holding ice all day but we have access to ice and refill it mid day and i like not having a cooler sliding around the floor in the way. Can you use it without cutting out the cooler??Also do any of you use the stock bags for anything once they have been taken out of the lockers??
    11' Mobius LSV
    " Yes I am a pirate 200yrs too late"

You don't have to cut the cooler out for the IBS. IBS stands for Integrated Bow Sack, so it goes under the front seats. A lot of us have tied our IBS fill port into our ski locker vent port so we can fill and drain using the center pump. No bags or pumps in the boat, it all looks stock.

Some people cut out the cooler and put a bag under those seats to fill. I have not done that yet. I'm pretty happy with just the 1100s and the IBS.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

My 1100 bag should be here tomorrow according to tracking info. I also got the check valves everyone on here recommended. I'm hoping to test it out Friday and Saturday. I plan the get the ibs and a few other things over the winter and be ready for next season.
    Will there be a big different in wake with just the 1100 bag vs factory ballast (just wanted more wake to finish out this summer and do full upgrade over the winter)?
    Todd

2013 Mobius LSV
    2008 Stingray 205LR sold