Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 11' LSV wake surf ballast set up

Well over Labor Day weekend we finally started to learn how to surf. We went out and it was only Myself, my wife, 3yr old son and a friend of ours. We discovered one thing was we NEED more weight. So what is the best set up you guys have found with the LSV? I have the factory installed Gravity III. So what do i need to start shopping for??

Jeromy
    11' Mobius LSV
    " Yes I am a pirate 200yrs too late"

Give wakemakers a call. At minimum you want a 750 on the surf side in the rear locker. An 1100 would be better. You can consider an IBS too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have an '11 LSV and I first got 750s and that was OK but this year I added 1100s and an IBS and we have a great big and long wave. I have an IBS, stock bag in the floor (370/400 - Fly High Tube sac), I have the same bag under the seats where the cooler used to be. I cut that out as many others have as well. The cooler is useless anyway. Then we have 1100 in the rear. I have the same setup for the goofy side as well. All bags (6) are hidden and all run off the factory 3 pumps with the factory switches. I ran a Boswell valve off each pump so each pump fills two bags. All of my parts were purchased from Wakemakers.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I have an '11 LSV with 1100s in the rear, stock bag in the locker and an IBS that fills from the locker bag. I like the wave a lot. I have a couple of 350 Fly High bags I can move around depending on how many people are in the boat. Really I don't use them unless there are 3 or fewer people on the boat.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I have an '11 LSV with 1100s in the rear, stock bag in the locker and an IBS that fills from the locker bag. I like the wave a lot. I have a couple of 350 Fly High bags I can move around depending on how many people are in the boat. Really I don't use them unless there are 3 or fewer people on the boat.
    ^This. Get the 1100s and an IBS and be happy!

How did you rig up your ibs to run off your center locker bag? Thanks

I ran a new 1 inch line from the exhaust port on the center bag to the inlet on the starboard side of the IBS bag. Then I took the existing vent line from the center bag and attached that to the vent line on the starboard side of the IBS. I also put a check valve inline on the vent line. The pump fills the center bag first, then the overflow fills the IBS. When it drains it sucks it just about empty because of the check valve. Very easy and clean setup.

The only pain was pulling the 1 inch line from the center bag vent to the IBS. There's a sharp turn in the tubing under the drivers seat and it was tough getting it fed through there. But in the end, it is nice.

Ron
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I ran a new 1 inch line from the exhaust port on the center bag to the inlet on the starboard side of the IBS bag. Then I took the existing vent line from the center bag and attached that to the vent line on the starboard side of the IBS. I also put a check valve inline on the vent line. The pump fills the center bag first, then the overflow fills the IBS. When it drains it sucks it just about empty because of the check valve. Very easy and clean setup.

The only pain was pulling the 1 inch line from the center bag vent to the IBS. There's a sharp turn in the tubing under the drivers seat and it was tough getting it fed through there. But in the end, it is nice.

Ron
    Would you happen to have any picks of exactly where those hoses run?

What size isb is everyone running? Seems like everyone is running one but no one says what size. Wakemakers suggests the 500 but lists 500, 650 and 750 for a 2014 moomba mobius lsv.

How did you plumb your IBS to fill from ski locker bag? Wakemakers told me it wouldn't work when I was going to do it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV