Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMTP933 View Post
    My 1100 bag should be here tomorrow according to tracking info. I also got the check valves everyone on here recommended. I'm hoping to test it out Friday and Saturday. I plan the get the ibs and a few other things over the winter and be ready for next season.
    Will there be a big different in wake with just the 1100 bag vs factory ballast (just wanted more wake to finish out this summer and do full upgrade over the winter)?
    With just the 1100 in the rear and the stock center bag, you can expect a much taller wave than with the stock bag in the rear. Adding weight in front (i.e., and IBS) will lenghten the wave.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default 11' LSV wake surf ballast set up

What cab said. With the 1100s you should notice a much bigger wave with tons of push. Bow weight helps lengthen the wave.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Thanks guys. Again, I plan to get the ibs in her before next season.
    Todd

2013 Mobius LSV
    2008 Stingray 205LR sold

I have the same boat as yours. I upgraded to 800 lb bags on each side, thats the only difference. Based on how many people you describe in the boat, you are going to need a MINIMUM of two more big people in the boat. If you can put one in the front, and have two sitting on the swim pad corner, on the same side as your riding, that works the best. Steer slightly in the direction of whichever side you are loaded on. Now, just play with the wakeplate (takes a few seconds for the wave to shape up, so don't just constantly move it up and down.). Good luck

How did you rig up your ibs to run off your center locker bag? Thanks

I ran a new 1 inch line from the exhaust port on the center bag to the inlet on the starboard side of the IBS bag. Then I took the existing vent line from the center bag and attached that to the vent line on the starboard side of the IBS. I also put a check valve inline on the vent line. The pump fills the center bag first, then the overflow fills the IBS. When it drains it sucks it just about empty because of the check valve. Very easy and clean setup.

The only pain was pulling the 1 inch line from the center bag vent to the IBS. There's a sharp turn in the tubing under the drivers seat and it was tough getting it fed through there. But in the end, it is nice.

Ron
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Default 11' LSV wake surf ballast set up

I did the same thing as RCA in my 12 with the addition of a bosworth valve to use for the times we didn't want to fill the IBS.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I ran a new 1 inch line from the exhaust port on the center bag to the inlet on the starboard side of the IBS bag. Then I took the existing vent line from the center bag and attached that to the vent line on the starboard side of the IBS. I also put a check valve inline on the vent line. The pump fills the center bag first, then the overflow fills the IBS. When it drains it sucks it just about empty because of the check valve. Very easy and clean setup.

The only pain was pulling the 1 inch line from the center bag vent to the IBS. There's a sharp turn in the tubing under the drivers seat and it was tough getting it fed through there. But in the end, it is nice.

Ron
    Would you happen to have any picks of exactly where those hoses run?

What size isb is everyone running? Seems like everyone is running one but no one says what size. Wakemakers suggests the 500 but lists 500, 650 and 750 for a 2014 moomba mobius lsv.