Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sloppy Swim Platform - '13 Mojo

So, I've had my Mojo a couple months and I've been mildly annoyed by the slop in the swim platform. It makes a lot of noise when wake comes in and hits it and it just feels kinda cheesy. I'm sure this is the case on all the models that have the platform.

I had a chance to take a look at a '14 Mobius this weekend at I noticed the platform was solid, they've gone to a new design of bracket which I think would be fairly simple to swap out. It's all steel and there is no play in the design at all, very good improvement.

As I was looking at my platform I noticed some empty threaded holes... should these have set screws in them or something?

swim platform.jpg
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Short answer, Yes, you are missing the screws that will tighten it up and there will be no play at all.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Fantastic. Well, I'll contact the dealer then... didn't see that in the bag 'o goodies nor in the literature. With that said, the new design is still a big improvement.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Well, it just so happens that there were 4 set screws in the bag of goodies... I'm not sure if I should feel stupid or my dealer... I certainly didn't see this in the literature though.

I just got them installed... still a lot of play due to the clearance in the bottom pin holes. I can see these things backing out pretty easily... should there be Loctite on these?

Thanks!
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Never really understood why people are so bothered by the platform slop. I have alot in mine due to the old bracket with NO set screws. i never even notice it unless i pick up on the platform and try to shake it
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Never really understood why people are so bothered by the platform slop. I have alot in mine due to the old bracket with NO set screws. i never even notice it unless i pick up on the platform and try to shake it
    Don't you here it flopping around when a roller hits your boat while you're sitting still? Sure makes a lot of noise... first few times we were trying to figure out what it was.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Fresh Air Exhaust fixed mine.

Default Sloppy Swim Platform - '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Don't you here it flopping around when a roller hits your boat while you're sitting still? Sure makes a lot of noise... first few times we were trying to figure out what it was.
    If I'm just floating a roller hits us from
    Behind I guess it makes a noise, never really paid much attention to it and we don't get hit by that many rollers. I wouldn't say it's that much louder than the water splashing when you're hit by a roller

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

it's all that Exile gadgetry you have on that thing. I bet you could hear the Queen Mary streaming by

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    it's all that Exile gadgetry you have on that thing. I bet you could hear the Queen Mary streaming by
    +1... another reason I need to upgrade my audio... so I can't hear the platform flopping

I may inquire about getting a set of 14 brackets... looks like they would be a pretty easy thing to swap out.
    2022 Moomba Mojo