Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2006 Supra 21V or 2007 Moomba LSV? Need your opinion.

Need your opinion of a couple of boats that have caught my eye.

2006 Supra
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...upra&ad_cid=11

2007 LSV
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....s-LSV-for-sale

They both look they are in pretty good shape, neither with very high hours, and roughly the same age. The LSV seems to have more upgrades and it sounds like a lot of you know the owner. I have not talked to either owner about $ so I don't know how much either will come down at this point. $30K is a number I am hoping to stay close to. The Supra looks pretty good and I have heard that Supra boats have a little better "fit and finish" to them. It also has perfect pass which I have read is really nice and the boat is local so easy for me to check it out. The LSV is 800 miles away so not so easy to check out. The playpen in the Supra is nice for a little more seating but not something I have to have. So any thought on these two boats would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Default 2006 Supra 21V or 2007 Moomba LSV? Need your opinion.

Do you surf?

^ this question.

If I was primarily wakeboarding, 21v hands down. If I was primarily surfing, lsv.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've had an lsv and now a 21v if you're curious about any differences between the two ask away. I will echo what some of the other guys have said. If a great surf wave is important to you go LSV, if a great wakeboard wake is important to you go 21V. This is not to say that the LSV has a bad wakeboard wake because it does not, the wake in that boat never held me back from learning something new, the 21v is just better. Same goes for the 21v, while it doesn't surf as good as the LSV we surf all the time and always have fun, the LSV just throws a better wave.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I don't think you could be happier than buying a boat from someone like Razz. He is very particular and that is a trait you want in an original owner. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If it were my money I'd be all over Razzman's boat in a heartbeat.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I second that, Razzmans boat

the 2007 have a dripless seal, where I believe the 2006 did not.

Exile system on the LSV vs kenwood factory system on the supra ( junk) if music is important.

color, I prefer the black..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Razzman's boat all day long.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks for the input guys. The one thing I did forget to mention is that I am still a skier at heart. I love to get up for an early morning ski when I can. That being said I enjoy both wakeboarding and surfing about equal. So I don't need something that is the best at one thing, I would rather have something that I can do everything on. I am sure that both boats would work out fine. As far as skiing goes, does one throw a smaller wake? Thanks again.

I have heard the LSV with the wake plate down and no ballast will produce a fair recreational ski wake at around 30-32. You doubt you'd want to run the course behind it. The Supra 21V isn't going to lay down as much as the LSV, so between the two the LSV is your best bet.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V