Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Skiers Choice Boat Covers

How many of y'all have a Moomba cover for your boats? I am trying to be cost effective, and 550 for a cover does not seem cost effective to me. My boat is always garaged or under a carport, so I figured that a generic sporting goods store boat cover would prolly do the trick? Any advice? Oh yeah, and what would the best way to "engineer" the cover to fit around the tower mounts, with the tower in the down position? thanks

Default Replying to Topic 'S

I got the cover from the boat show as well. Since I park my boat in the garage, and you are advised not to trailer the boat with it on, I have yet to use the cover.

Default Replying to Topic 'Skiers Choice Boat Covers'

You can find a new custom cover for about 250-300 on Ebay

I got the cover as part of the initial purchase. However, there were other items in the boat show incentive that I deemed more important, so I took the strategy of negotiating the price and then asked them to throw in the boat cover for half price. My gut told me that there was probably 100% markup on the item and that it would cost the dealer no time or effort to give it to me at their cost (no install work and shipped with the boat) It must have worked as they gave me the cover for slightly more than half price. Either that or I paid way to much for the boat and they felt sorry for me.

I do store the boat in a garage. Generally off for most of the time but works well in the off season and when on trips. I did use it once to trailer when it started to rain and I didn't want my stuff to get wet. Not ideal but got me through that instance. You would think for $550 that it would be trailerable.

The dealer I use gave me a price at a little over $400, however that is with out a tower.

I also got one just because I wanted it to fit prefect and it does. I also store mine in a garage and keep it covered just to keep dust and what not out of it. I also like how it says moomba across the windshield I think it looks pretty cool.

did get the cover with the boat--allready on it.
    boat is garaged and then covered in the winter-about 3 months long.
    also used when we went camping at lake lanier georgia to keep tree
    leaves and bird droppings off the inside.

fits nice and works good.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Factory Cover for sure. On our new Mobius we ordered it with the snap-on bow and cockpit covers, Works perfect and we have actually towed the boat with the covers on.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

My cover was destroyed by bunch of snow sliding off a roof. It was an early storm and I hadn't yet gotten it shrink wrapped. I bought a new cover from Bart's and it is much better quality and fits better. It was about 250 for the medium quality material (sharkskin). I would get the better material if I did it again, not because there are quality issues with the sharkskin but that the sunbrella material would stuff into the storage bag more easily.

Andy

I wouldn't mind buying the snap in cockpit and tonneau covers with the boat, but after my last boat I wouldn't spend the money for the full cover. The fit for the cover was not that great and I've heard other people that have had the same problem. No matter how I arranged that support posts I could not keep water from pooling during a decent rain. I ended up buying an aftermarket cover support system to take care of the problem.

Not to mention that for the price of the factory cover which is canvas you could almost buy a custom fit aftermarket sharkskin cover.