Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

got a good first mate here, she will back the boat off the trailer, or park the truck-as long as its a easy simple parking job. she drives the boat onto the trailer 99% of the time and makes it look pretty easy--plays bumper boat with the quide poles sometimes but overall does a damm good job. Gotta get to training my daughter to she can help out too.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Boat Launch idiots!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Man I just feel more and more lucky. The first summer Heidi and I were together there was a drought that left only one ramp usable and this ramp did not have a dock. We go out on week days a good bit just the two of us and she caught on real quick, she gets in the boat, I back the truck and she reverses it off and come to get me at the end of the ramp.

At the end of the day she motors up close to the ramp and I hop out with the truck keys and get back the truck down and she drives the boat right up on the trailer. Makes it super easy! She is probably better at pulling the boat on the trailer than I am since she does it all the time and I rarely do it.
    Jill does the exact same. I'm not sure I've ever put the LSV on the trailer
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    Jill does the exact same. I'm not sure I've ever put the LSV on the trailer

Sounds like we got some quality women!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Few weeks ago on our last camp trip I let my 10yr old drive it on. Was a straight shot, calm water, but a narrow single lane between the dock and rocky beach. He powered it on like a stud, even had him goose it a few times to get the nose up tight to the front roller. Drove it like a boss! I guess he really has been watching quite a bit and picking up all dad's advice and tips. My 20yr old daughter and her BF sitting in the back were shocked that I'd let him and even more shocked how good he was.

Not sure I'd want him doing it in a crowd or wind/current yet but I'm sure that day is not far off when he'll step right up. Dad is going to make sure he's never "that guy" at the launch.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Few weeks ago on our last camp trip I let my 10yr old drive it on. Was a straight shot, calm water, but a narrow single lane between the dock and rocky beach. He powered it on like a stud, even had him goose it a few times to get the nose up tight to the front roller. Drove it like a boss! I guess he really has been watching quite a bit and picking up all dad's advice and tips. My 20yr old daughter and her BF sitting in the back were shocked that I'd let him and even more shocked how good he was.

Not sure I'd want him doing it in a crowd or wind/current yet but I'm sure that day is not far off when he'll step right up. Dad is going to make sure he's never "that guy" at the launch.
    Hats off to you for giving your boy the opportunity. It is indeed rewarding to find out they are paying attention and listening.

My son has been putting the boat on since we got it and does a great job. I can probably handle the boat better in close quarters, but he is a champ at loading/unloading.

Default Boat Launch idiots!!

Well as of yesterday I just may have joined the list of boat ramp idiots myself. Out on the water rushing to get the boat on the trailer as a storm was rolling in. Backed my truck into the water as usual, except that I could see my wife having trouble managing the boat because the wind picked up. So not really thinking about anything but my boat slamming against the dock I rush around the side of the truck to hop up on the dock and both feet come out from under me on the slippery concrete. I slammed the side of my head on the dock and it was lights out. Ended our weekend early and now home with a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
    Well as of yesterday I just may have joined the list of boat ramp idiots myself. Out on the water rushing to get the boat on the trailer as a storm was rolling in. Backed my truck into the water as usual, except that I could see my wife having trouble managing the boat because the wind picked up. So not really thinking about anything but my boat slamming against the dock I rush around the side of the truck to hop up on the dock and both feet come out from under me on the slippery concrete. I slammed the side of my head on the dock and it was lights out. Ended our weekend early and now home with a concussion.

Wow that sucks! Make sure to give yourself a couple days, esp since you actually blacked out! Concussions are a beast! Hope you feel better quickly!
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Whoa, what a bummer, hope everything is ok.head injuries are nothing to mess with. Bet you wife was not worried about the boat at that moment.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sunday evening being a holiday weekend was actually very uneventful at the docks. I happened to go to a beach that I hadn't been to for a few years and ran across many people that I knew and some with different boats.

We all came back at dark and if there was anybody at the launch to watch a fiasco they would have been very disappointed. There were six boats and all four launches were in operation with vehicles pulling in as others were moving out. Very little talk at the launch and all six boats on their trailers in less than 10 minutes. It did get a little crowded top side as we wiped our boats down but that is a good thing.

Most of those people go out almost every evening and I was just trying to put some hours on the boat as my knee surgery has kept me from skiing and away from the water.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD