Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wonder if the extra weight of the boat on the trailer in heavy rain plus the slick conditions could cause an accident. I think "auto bilge pump" should be a defense to having the plug in.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Invasive species. Weeds and other critters get into the bilge water and then released at other lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    Wow, interesting, what is the reason the lawmakers came up with for this if you happen to know? Thankfully this isn't the case in NC (that I know of).
    They are trying to slow the spread of invasive species. Now they have a weed nazi at the public launches asking me if I drained my livewell.

I have heard they also ask about ballast bags and tanks.

I remember in Wisconsin you could be fined if there were weeds hanging off your trailer while on the road. I think it was Eurasian milfoil that was the worst. Had a friend in high school who cut the weeks for one of the local lakes and he said that stuff could grow a foot a day!
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I remember in Wisconsin you could be fined if there were weeds hanging off your trailer while on the road. I think it was Eurasian milfoil that was the worst. Had a friend in high school who cut the weeks for one of the local lakes and he said that stuff could grow a foot a day!
    The Milfoil is terrible. They don't often write tickets for weedy trailers, but most people do a good job of cleaning their trailers. It only takes a 1/2 inch piece of milfoil to infect a lake so they are working pretty hard to try to keep it contained.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    I have heard they also ask about ballast bags and tanks.
    Yup, any water in the boat must be drained.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    I'm curious why you wait till you get to the ramp to put the plug in (assuming you mean rear drain plug)? I usually do that at home before I leave for the ramp and before I put the swim platform on. Do you drive a long way and worry about a storm hitting while enroute?

We too have idiots at the ramp, I can't understand why people don't take the time to train their wive's/girlfriends to either drive the boat onto the trailer or back a trailer. My wife has been backing the trailer since we got the boat so we never need to take up space at the ramp waiting for the tow vehicle. Yesterday at the end of the day we pulled up to to the ramp, I dropped my wife to get the truck/trailer and saw a pontoon FULL of adults sitting at a ramp. I thought they were going out and were waiting for the guy who parked the truck. My wife pulls up a few minutes later to the same ramp they are sitting in (luckily they were at least all the way back in the ramp) and I motor around the pontoon. on to the trailer, hook up and we are clear in less than a minute or 2. Next thing I see is the guy in the truck getting ready to recover his pontoon with all the adults in it (he had to wait a minute for us to clear). We had the boat wiped down and were pulling out of the parking lot by the time they got up to the recovery area. Just my little pet peeve, teach someone else to do something useful so they don't need to sit there holding a rope taking up space at the ramp.

Luckily we never have swimmers or anyone else taking up space at the ramp, just the occasional idiot boater who insists on leaving his boat forward in the ramp instead of all the way at the back of the ramp, and completely tying up that one ramp so nobody can launch or recover until they are done, a$$ hats!

Just my routine, I don't like to deviate from it because it works for me. I also like to make sure the boat is dry and if there is any water left in it hopefully it will drain out. But it should be dry as the boat is left very nose high in the driveway. My kids are too young to drive the truck, but are great on the dock. Don't have a wife to drive the truck. Loading and unloading my boat is a quick 2 minutes like you.

Brian

Default Boat Launch idiots!!

We really never have too many ramp idiots on the river where I ride, maybe that is because it is so far out of town that the weekend warriors just don't come. I have never seen anyone swim at the launch before, maybe that sign that says "DANGER: GATORS AND POISON SNAKES" keeps them out?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I need to get one of those signs and put up at the ramp!! I bet it would reduce the idiots... The thing these people dont have is common sense when at the boat ramp - family tree must be one limb with one leaf