Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^I have heard this as well and always store with fresh oil. makes it easier on that nice spring day you impromptu pull the boat out and run it for the first time
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Yearly maintenance / winterization

I change my fluids every 50 hours now, but we mainly surf and are in brackish water a lot. I'll probably change it 3 times this year, maybe 4 if I'm lucky.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

If you get 100% of the water out of your engine, you don't need antifreeze. Air don't freeze.

That being said, I always use antifreeze, because I am scared of that one little spot of water that didn't make it out. $15 worth of antifreeze really eases my mind through the winter.

Default Re: Yearly maintenance / winterization

Using antifreeze gives you peace of mind and it's cheap so why not?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I do what I've done for the last 30 years and that is drain and blow it out. It hasn't been the last 15 years or so that RV antifreeze has been used. I would think it would take more than 3 gallons to winterize especially to cover the heater as the circulation is a lot less than through the engine. Do you drain the coolant after pumping it through? If not, what is the freeze protection after the antifreeze mixes with the water?
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

for those of you that use antifreeze, how do you get it in the cooling system?

My winterization procedure is as follows.

Add stabil and run engine for 15 minutes, take off spark arrestor and spray fogging oil into intake while engine runs and then shut engine off immediately, change engine oil, remove spark plugs and spray fogging oil into cylinders, turn engine over with coil disabled to prevent it from starting, reinstall plugs, drain all water from everything, clean and reinstall spark arrestor done

every other year (aprox 200 hrs) i replace the spark plugs, tranny fluid, v drive oil, and fuel filter

and none of this take place before decemeber, we don't stop riding until the weekend after thanksgiving...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

stabil in gas tank last couple fill ups. normal winterization process. being in Florida does have some advantages .
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yea, I change oil and park in the back of the garage for a couple of weeks then ready to go.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    stabil in gas tank last couple fill ups. normal winterization process. being in Florida does have some advantages .
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Yea, I change oil and park in the back of the garage for a couple of weeks then ready to go.
    A longer season AND much easier winterization, FL looks better and better....
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...