Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Moomba for me

Hi. I've heard lots of great things about moomba and would love to upgrade my old skiboat to one. Am hopping you can help me in my search.

Budget is low 20s. Would use primarily for wake boarding and surfing (tubbing and kneeboarding too) If I could sort of ski behind it that would be a plus but not a priority (I'm not a fussy skier a bigger wake than ideal wouldn't be a problem) - boat is mostly for the kids to wakeboard/surf behind. Would really like built in ballasts, wake plate, perfect pass (or some type of cruise system) and heater tubes (not sure what you call them - Ive heard about tubes you can pull out to warm up with) - available on moomba? I live in alberta and these sound almost like a must.

Would appreciate knowing what models/years to look at. I'm thinking all i want might be tough to find in the low 20s but I'm patient am hoping to scoop a great deal.

Is it a V drive that I want? Are the DDs more of a crossover that will leave me wishing for a V? I did a bit of looking and it seems the DDs are a fair amount cheaper. But as I said I'm a government worker with time to search for a deal .

Thanks much for your time.

Default Re: Best Moomba for me

Early 2000+ lsv or mobius v is in that $$$ range and great boats. If you want to surf forget about the dd boats...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

as listed on ww, in your pricerange, located in canada and your wants, vdrive is out of the question and dd you'll regret later wishing you had a vdrive.

up the budget to 30 and it'll open up a whole lot more choices and boats sub-500hrs to look at.

all this imo, good luck..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks. Which years in particular and what is the diff between the lsv and möbius?

If I'm willing to take a road trip would this be a good choice? http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ius-LSV-362135
    Last edited by Frznrth; 08-24-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks. If I'm willing to drive would this be a good choice? http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ius-LSV-362135

I see a huge range in prices for LSVs. Are they that much different btw years option etc?

Aren't möbius and lsv the same?

At the top of this page, hover on "About Moomba" and then select "Archive". Look back through the model years and you will get a feel for what models were offered what years. I think you are looking for a 2003 or 2004 LSV.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. From what I can see it is going to be hard to find an LSV in my price range. Would an Outback V meet my needs if I am willing to give up a bit of size?
    Thanks again

An Outback V should meet your needs for a while until you can (or want to) pony up for a more expensive boat. If everybody is beginner level wakeboarders and surfers, it will be sufficient. If your kids get really into it, they will eventually outgrow the Outback once they become more advanced. I'm assuming older Outback Vs that one would find for around $20k, if that even. The newer Outbacks got bigger I think, but they'll be way over that price range.

That link you added for the 04 LSV isn't a great deal I don't think, it's average. 06 or newer is the hull you would want, and it can be found for under 30. In fact there's a few forum members that have recently talked about selling theirs for under 30. If you can stretch your budget to $26k, then stretch it a few dollars more and go for a 06 or newer. Now, if you could get that 04 LSV down around $23-24k, that would be worth checking in to. I've purchased two wakeboard boats in my life, and both times I bought for $1500-2500 under asking price.

No matter which boat you buy though, it will be a huge improvement and you won't regret it. If you find a great deal on a OBV or a pre-06 LSV go for it, you don't NEED a 06+ LSV. It would be kind of like saying nah a C6 Corvette isn't good enough for me, I need a new C7 for twice the price, lol.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Re: Best Moomba for me

The early moomba years the Möbius v is longer deeper than the lsv. You can definitely find something in your price range.. search around on craigslist, eBay and claz.org..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by parrothd; 08-25-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

dont forget about onlyinboards.com
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)